Carmanah Technologies is looking for a creative designer to play a key, collaborative role on its marketing team
ABOUT THE ROLE
Carmanah Technologies is looking for a creative designer and idea generator to play a key, collaborative role on its marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Communications Specialist will be the steward of Carmanah's online product assets, ensuring quality and accuracy of published materials for our multi-channel strategy. This includes a wide variety of graphic design, including infographics, training videos, website layout and graphics, and training presentations.
In addition to these design responsibilities, this role will also oversee marketing support for sales activities. ABOUT YOU
You have 2+ years of experience in marketing with ambitions to expand your design and video editing capabilities in the tech sector, and a desire to dive deep into Carmanah's product offerings and technology. In addition to demonstrating relationship-building skills and experience working with internal and external stakeholders, you are highly technical and skilled in creating visual graphics to help illustrate complex ideas. You have the ability to understand and retain a variety of topics quickly and to meet tight deadlines.
Most importantly, you want to work among a group of friendly, motivated professionals who enjoy collaborating, learning, and sharing the workload in a fast-paced environment. RESPONSIBILITIES
YOUR SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Solid understanding of Carmanah's products to develop/maintain product assets such as data sheets, web pages, presentation decks and product videos.
- Maintain consistency of brand guidelines and tone in all Carmanah designs.
- Coordinate requests/create assets for sales support such as regionally targeted materials and value-add programs for our partner network, presentation decks, distributor programs, and CRM support.
- Design brochures, web banners and other graphic materials for targeted audiences.
- Preparation of complex layout files for commercial printing and prepare/convert files for online use.
- Work with our platform writer to create graphics and videos that complement our blog content.
- Work with our platform Digital Marketing Manager to generate ideas for improving conversion velocity and efficiency and execute testing across all stages of the buyer journey from traffic to nurturing flows to retargeting.
- Assist with product marketing launch plans and go-to-market strategies.
- Support the marketing team with research and writing as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Marketing, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years marketing experience (tech industry desirable).
- Advanced level of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects).
- Strong proficiency with use of internal style guides and expertise in design, layout, and graphic illustration.
- Experience using CMS like WordPress.
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing business priorities, with the capacity to meet tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices, email marketing software and CRMs like HubSpot (or similar).
- Proficiency with Microsoft business applications.
- Interest in growing your skillset in UI design using programs like FIGMA.
- Ability to creatively analyze and solve problems.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HOW TO APPLY
- Annual Bonus Program
- Generous Health and Dental plan and Employee Assistance Program
- TELUS Health Virtual Healthcare
- Health Spending Account
- Health & Wellness subsidy
- 3 weeks' vacation to start, 4 weeks at 5-years.
- Generous paid unplanned emergency/sick days
- Professional Development subsidy
- Secure bike cage
- Shower facilities
- Eligible for our Hybrid remote work program after 3-month period
- Community support and regular social activities!
- Robust recycling program (bring in municipal limited items from home)
- Weekly snacks, coffee and local Murchies tea's
- FREE parking
- Member of the BC Green Business Collective, holding ourselves accountable to our Corporate Social Responsibilities for a greener workplace (yup, we consider this a perk!).
We look forward to hearing from you! Along with your cover letter and resume, a portfolio of past designs that demonstrate your skills and creative process is required. Apply to this posting through our careers page
. We thank all those applying for this position but will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
If you are not able to provide a portfolio link, and cannot upload a file in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and attach your portfolio files. Thank you. Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level
Sales and Marketing