General Fusion is pursuing a faster and more practical path to commercial fusion energy. Fusion is a clean, safe, abundant and on-demand form of energy that, when harnessed, could provide a nearly unlimited source of power with zero CO2 emissions. Backed by over USD $200 million in funding from a world-class investor syndicate, the company’s goal is to transform the world’s energy supply and enable clean energy, everywhere, forever.
About the Role:
General Fusion is seeking a Marketing and Communications Generalist to work closely with the General Fusion executive team in developing and executing the company’s communications strategy. Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development and Marketing, the person plays a critical role in enabling the company to reach its strategic goals through the delivery of compelling communications and marketing initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee all company communications materials such as website, social media platforms, print collateral, presentations, videos, newsletters, and press releases.
- Support the development of an annual communications plan that identifies target audiences, key messages, communication objectives, initiatives, and ROI that provides for organized and meaningful feedback to guide the deployment of resources.
- Support the development of social media and communications content that transforms complex ideas into simple, concise language, while maintaining alignment with brand messaging.
- Monitor and refine media and social media statistics to gauge the effectiveness of targeted campaigns and to improve the company’s profile among its various audiences and stakeholders.
- Develop a social media strategy and manage all social media communications on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc., as appropriate.Plan and manage events, conferences, media days, and site tours.
- Working with external PR support, identify and develop PR opportunities, respond to media requests, and develop PR support materials.
- Work with external PR support to prepare company executives and staff for media interviews, providing them with background on the interviewer/outlet, current talking points and relevant messages, attending as necessary.
- Track all media and blog coverage of General Fusion to ensure accuracy and liaise with media outlets to obtain corrections when necessary and appropriate.
- Maintain an internal database of all media related materials such as photographs, videos, publications, media coverage, etc.
- Prepare documentation and content with internal team members for a variety of purposes, such as communications with customers, government officials, investors, suppliers, NGO’s, and other stakeholder groups.
- Anticipate communication needs and ensure the company is prepared to meet those needs.
- Assist with development and dissemination of internal corporate communications.
- At least 5 years of prior experience in corporate communications and marketing, and interfacing directly with international media– preferably in science or technology fields.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field.
- Bring demonstrated strategic thinking to marketing and communications planning initiatives. Be able to connect the big picture with day-to-day requirements. All activities are objective-driven.
- Experience with energy/electricity industry or advanced technology organizations.
- Technical and/or science communications experience, possibly with a science, engineering, or technology journalism background.
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to independently problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Be highly organized, creative and able to manage many projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Experienced in using presentation and graphic design tools to develop communications materials, such as PowerPoint and Photoshop, Excel, etc.
- Be fluent in written, spoken and digital content.
- Experience with website and social media content management.
- Ability to manage sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to work on urgent requests outside of traditional business hours.
- Able to work under remote supervision.
- Be genuinely curious, with an interest in energy issues and enthusiasm for science and technology.
- Experience working in innovative, entrepreneurial, or startup organizations.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications MUST reference GA-2020-03 in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Sales and Marketing