Job Description Summary
The Finished Goods team at STEMCELL has an opening for a Manufacturing Technician! The Technician will work as part of this team to complete the manufacturing process to prepare products and materials for life science research. This role will work collaboratively with other groups not only in Manufacturing but across the company in order to provide top quality products. The Technician will be involved in setup, programming, and troubleshooting of automated machines. We are looking for someone who enjoys contributing to a team and has the ability to apply critical thinking to work on Continuous Improvement projects.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure products specifications and tolerance levels are met.
- Assists in creating, modifying and revising manufacturing work instructions and process flow documentation.
- Flexible in changing from assigned tasks without diminishing the quality of the products working on.
- Equipment setup for manufacturing to ensure product specifications would be an asset.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects within Manufacturing.
- Participate '5S' activities within Manufacturing.
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Late Shift work and overtime may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma, with up to 3 years of experience operating equipment in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a cleanroom manufacturing environment, pharmaceutical or the food packaging industry would be an asset.
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Completes several concurrent tasks in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with limited supervision.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization and follow up skills.
- Ability to be part of a team and communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Physical ability to lift 25 - 30 pounds, requiring manual dexterity and versatility.
- Knowledgeable on quality systems such as ISO 13485 & ISO 9002. cGMP experience a definite asset.
- Ability to follow written instructions, standard operating procedures, and pre-defined guidelines to execute and perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to work in a cold room for a period of time.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Manufacturing and Production