Who are we?
Mustang Survival is a privately owned, mid-sized company headquartered in Burnaby, BC with more offices in the US. We are a 55-year-old organization with a focus on the design and manufacturing of life-saving marine apparel and equipment. Our mission is to deliver confidence on the water and we have provided life-saving products and solutions for NASA, US Defense, professional search and rescue, and commercial fishermen.
Why work for us?
A career at Mustang Survival is a journey of personal growth, development, and a place where someone can combine their passions with a deep purpose. Those who join us will be given plenty of opportunities to continuously hone their skills and abilities. Make no mistake, Mustang Survival will challenge you, but those who choose to join us, will work alongside some of the most dedicated and innovative people.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our production team in Burnaby, BC. You will be responsible for formulating, implementing, and managing the design and control of manufacturing systems to ensure that Mustang Survival delivers high quality products to market.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborate with project team to launch seasonal, military and short-term products.
- Support continuous improvement projects to increase production capacity and quality.
- Support issue management and problem solving.
- Establish labor standards through methods analysis and time studies.
- Work in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and product development, production, quality, supply chain, marketing, sale, and finance team.
- Develops work instructions, drawings, tests, modifications, assembly processes, fixtures, processes or specialized manufacturing, test equipment for existing or new products and ensure production readiness.
- Prepare and maintain manufacturing documentation such as BOL, tooling and work instruction.
- Assist and Lead in development on testing and validating the new product, process and system.
- Work closely with contract electrician and machine shop to build test or assembly fixture for production.
- Support and Drive Lean manufacturing and 5S Initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering relative with a focus in mechanical, mechatronics, electrical, or equivalent as preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of exposure to a manufacturing environment.
- Member (or eligible to be a member) of Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. (EGBC).
- Experience with technical writing of process documents.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D model design using Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Enjoy hands-on work with machines and tools.
- Analytical and proven track record of problem solving.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- A Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects with minimum guidance.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills to generate process instructions and reports.
- Able to interpret and produce basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Willing to travel oversea to support outsourcers on new product introduction.
- Experience in garment manufacturing is an asset
- The ability to speak Mandarin or Cantonese is an asset
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience is an asset
- Experience with New Production Introduction (NPI) is an asset
Manufacturing and Production