Manager, Workforce Management Solutions
Workforce Management Solutions
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA, safety including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA's Agencies/Divisions/Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. Reporting to the Corporate Director, Workforce Management Solutions, the Manager, Workforce Management Solutions provides expert advice and strategic leadership in relation to the design and delivery of optimal solutions for efficient access to information related to the workforce solutions functions across PHSA. The Manager provides sound decision-making and leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of training and business process improvement strategies contributing to the improvement of transactional and reporting activities. Provides leadership to a workforce management solutions team supporting the areas of systems configuration and maintenance, database administration, information reporting, delivery of metrics, and training and business process improvements, and self-serve access to staff and leaders within PHSA. Ensures that the workforce solutions tools, processes and systems are working effectively in order to improve efficiencies in workforce utilization and reporting activities.What you'll do
What you bring
- Supervises and provides leadership to staff through coaching, guiding and modeling key behaviors/strategies, encouraging dialogue and providing guidance and advice to facilitate resolutions to work issues. Assists team members to define shared and individual goals, meet target dates and ensure alignment of team goals with customer needs. Fosters team spirit, trust and mutual respect.
- Evaluates individual and team performance in collaboration with the Corporate Director, Employee Services and HR Technology Solutions. Investigates work and staff issues and where necessary initiates disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Develops, directs and provides orientation to both existing staff on new processes and systems and new staff to this area.
- Contributes to the overall leadership of Human Resources through the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of workforce strategies for the PHSA. Collaborates with the Corporate Director to develop programs supporting PHSA overall systems and efficiency objectives.
- Consults with clients on an ongoing basis to determine evolving reporting, metrics and workforce solutions requirements. Analyzes requirements and develops strategies and options to enable clients to achieve required business objectives working collaboratively with Human Resource and Finance partners.
- Working with the Corporate Director, negotiates on behalf of the PHSA with external consultants and software vendors providing workforce technologies.
- Maintains close ties and liaises with IMIT and Finance as well as other key contacts across PHSA, ensuring that workforce solutions practices and technology strategies are aligned across all agencies.
- Drafts communiqués to PHSA staff advising them of department initiatives and works closely with the Corporate Director, Strategic HR to deliver consistent messaging across the PHSA.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget for STS within the PHSA
- Initiates and participates in industry committees and task groups, advocating for the organization's interests, influencing change and assessing trends and changes to workforce management practices, identifying internal processes and interpretations requiring change.
- Provides direction on systems development and maintenance through methods such as customizing workforce management system fields, tables and panels; evaluating current coding structures and analyzing data capture requirements; recommends coding changes to improve data collection and efficient report creation; updating STS tables; participating in implementation of new software and version upgrades; participating in IS user groups by providing input into system.
- Leads team to administer and maintain workforce databases by developing and recommending procedures to ensure protection of workforce data; developing and implementing procedures to ensure accuracy and integrity of workforce data including data monitoring and reconciliation's; determining data capture requirements; researching reasons for data anomalies and ensuring appropriate corrections or adjustments are made.
- Assists STS team to document and review any system irregularities liaising with information systems and Finance to resolve data anomalies or system questions.
- Provides leadership in developing workforce reporting, assessing client data needs and requirements; reviewing report requests with clients to ensure that data retrieved captures all informational requirements; runs reports as required.
- Contributes to business process improvement activities by analyzing workforce processes and recommending improvements to technology and participates in implementation of technology improvements.
- Leads implementation efforts where appropriate, developing and delivering education programs to Human Resources staff on new technology.
- Conducts workforce management user training through methods such as developing training materials; documenting processes; delivering sessions.
- Assists with the maintenance and development of workforce management area of HR website and other electronic systems; testing new releases; working closely with application specialists and functional experts in IS and Finance to ensure the system is sustained and maximized.
- Remains current on workforce management trends, issues and best practices through literature review, contact with peers and attendance at seminars, workshops and educations programs.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, plus seven (7) years of progressively more senior experience in a management capacity, ideally working within automated workforce management environments in a health care setting.
- Ability to lead a team and empower staff. Demonstrated innovation and change management skills and approach to enhancing performance through delivery of metrics and workforce management solutions. Solid understanding of workforce management solutions / HRIS / Payroll / Benefits and related issues including collective agreement and legislative requirements, customizing systems including developing new fields, tables and panels, in analyzing workforce management processes and leading implementation and training for all ability levels on system functionally. Exceptional presenter/facilitator/trainer. Excellent communication skills, ability to consult, negotiate and persuade others. Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines. Highly developed analytical, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills. Creative and results oriented. Ability to facilitate the resolution of issues. Ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff. Ability to operate related equipment including various workforce management software and reporting, spreadsheet programs and ability to complete computer assisted statistical analysis. Physical ability to perform the duties of the role. Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
Skills & Knowledge
What we bring
- Awareness of and commitment to learning and understanding the Truth & Reconciliation Commission's 94 Calls to Action (2015), In Plain Sight Report (2020), BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019), and Reclaiming Power and Place Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women & Girls calls for justice, and how they intersect across the health care system.
- Supports team members on their learning journey, ensuring education strategy for team/department to implement Indigenous Cultural Safety at a practical level.
- Works collaboratively with appropriate Indigenous teams/departments to ensure ICS lens applied holistically.
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Regular, Full-time Salary Range: $102,938 - $147,974 /year.
The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate's relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles.
1867 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6J 1Y5
Applications accepted until position is filled
Hours of Work:
0800-1600 (Monday to Friday)
154356EAs per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments' unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey-one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 23, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.