Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Deloitte's Technology Strategy and Transformation (TS&T) practice provides end-to-end advisory and design services to help our clients develop actionable, business-enabling information technology strategies and roadmaps; identify, evaluate and adopt innovation to transform business; define, maximize and measure value of technology, design modern enterprise architectures, rationalize and transform applications & infrastructure, develop a balanced portfolio of business and IT solutions, assess IT sourcing and service delivery models, rationalize IT costs and optimize IT operational effectiveness and organizational performance. Your role as a member at Deloitte:
- Embrace and live the firm's purpose -to make an impact that matters -by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, and align people to them to set appropriate priorities and direction
As a Manager you will be responsible for leading and managing delivery of Deloitte's IT advisory services engagements (projects) within your focus area. The role includes developing and nurturing client relationships, leading project teams, coaching and mentoring Deloitte professionals, continuous focus on personal and professional learning and growth, and achieving highest levels of quality performance commensurate with the expectations of a World-leading Professional Services Firm.
This role has full life-cycle responsibility over IT advisory projects, which includes responsibility for identifying opportunities, proposal development and pursuit assistance, project delivery, team leadership and team performance, quality of our project deliverables and engagement financials. Examples of role responsibilities:
- Create long term relationships at an intermediate and senior client level
- Inclusive leadership, where every team member is encouraged to be their authentic self, and realize their personal and professional potential and aspirations
- Establish and continually enhance your personal brand within the Firm and the marketplace
- Continuous learning and self-development
- Identify and assist in business development opportunities
- Manage and lead teams in the delivery of projects
- Execute a client service plan on complex engagements working closely with Partners
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Minimum of 5 years of consulting experience, or 8 years of progressive, non-consulting IT work experience:
- Consulting experience with Tier 1 Professional Services/Consulting Firms would be ideal
- Previous experience in an IT operational or IT management role would be an asset
- Experience in one or more of the following subject areas:
- IT strategy & technology enabled business transformation
- Technology innovation ideation, evaluation and adoption
- Enterprise architecture
- Enterprise governance over IT
- IT effectiveness and operating model design/review
- IT organizational design
- IT sourcing and procurement
- IT project management
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Graduate degree, such as an MBA would be an asset
- A professional designation (PMP, CMC) is an asset
- Any of the following IT certifications would be an asset (ITIL, CobIT, TOGAF)
- **Canadian travel required. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills
- Superb emotional intelligence and ability to relate to a variety of personality types
- Superb structured problem solving skills and logical thinking ability
- Detailed oriented, while able to quickly grasp "the Big Picture"
- Proven ability to glean insights from data
- Proven ability to manage IT projects and being responsible for engagement scope management and overall team deliverable quality, including: project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and project team leadership
- Aptitude to lead and coach team members
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Manufacturing and Production