At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG's Technology Risk Consulting (TRC) services assist our clients to effectively identify, evaluate, and manage the broad range of opportunities, risks, controls, and compliance requirements associated with their use of and reliance on technology-enabled processes, services and solutions, whether developed and operated in-house or provided by third parties. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Care for the development and implementation of engagement and project plans.
- Contribute on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity across multiple industry sectors and technology environments
- Assessment of governance, risks and controls in areas, such as:
- IT planning and organization
- IT projects, especially in an "agile" development environment
- General IT controls
- Business process and IT Application Controls
- System Implementations and Data conversion
- Planning, managing and completing project tasks including: liaising with client and KPMG teams; collecting, testing and analyzing information; documenting and evaluating business and IT processes, risks, controls, policies, strategies
- Discussing findings and recommendations with client personnel and developing reports and deliverables
- Work with clients to take on emerging issues and technologies such as blockchain, crypto-assets, cloud services, intelligent automation, internet of things, virtual/augmented reality, cybersecurity, privacy, and the metaverse
- Agile involvement in the business community and developing relationships with clients to increase awareness of the firm's services
- Identifying and assisting in pursuits including developing marketing materials, proposals, presentations, and research
- Guiding and contributing to practice development such as knowledge sharing, training, coaching, team motivation and practice direction.
- Assisting with the direction, development, and growth of the practice
KPMG BC Region Pay Range Information
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Business, Accounting, Computing Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program(s)
- Accounting and Audit / IT audit designation(s) (e.g. CPA, CISA, CIA) would be an asset
- 5+ years combined relevant experience in internal/external audit, consulting, and/or industry (e.g. risk management or internal control, IT, project oversight, system implementation, finance, accounting) is preferred
- A desire to work toward further relevant education/designations (e.g. PMP, CISSP, CRISC)
- Ability to identify and evaluate business, IT, and audit risks - you understand financial reporting, compliance, audit risks and their IT components
- Experience auditing, assessing, and/or implementing business systems and/or emerging technologies, and streamlining IT audit processes
- Knowledge and experience with technology that supports governance, risk controls (GRC) initiatives and processes is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude for being able to clearly communicate issues and solutions at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and develop relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues
- Excellent business, engagement, and project ownership skills
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter who can prioritize work, multi-task and cope with changing priorities
The expected base salary range for this position is $85,500 to $128,500 and may be eligible for bonus awards. The determination of an applicant's base salary within this range is based on the individual's location, skills, & competencies, and unique qualifications. In addition, KPMG offers a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards program.
#LI-Hybrid Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .