Amazon Global IT (GIT) is seeking a Manager of Technical Program Management who thrives working in a fast paced, ever changing environment who is customer obsessed and passionate about IT Operations. This individual will lead a group of Technical Program Managers (TPM) and Program Managers (PM) responsible for migrating Amazon Business Offices and Customer Service sites to the next generation office design.
This role will be responsible for partnering with senior leaders and technical staff globally to understand and scope complex problems, make appropriate trade-offs to manage risk, partner with Engineering to develop solutions, and migrate offices while mitigating customer impact and downtime. This role requires breadth and depth in IT, Security, Hardware, and Customer Experience in order to deliver the optimal solution for the business. The position requires working closely with multiple teams including Engineering, IT Support, IT Operations, Finance, Procurement, and internal business customers. As the manager you'll ensure your team operate within the defined programs, executing and delivering at a consistently high level.
The right candidate will possess a strong leadership background with broad technical experience leading technical programs. The candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in an ever-changing environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Strategic thinking, maturity, negotiation skills, and the ability to influence are essential to success in this role. This program will require strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across the globe.
• Builds internal customer & stakeholder relationships to manage expectations & and agree on clear goals, objectives, and timelines.
• Establish a regular program review cadence to ensure Leadership is aware of program status, dependencies, risks, and requests for leadership support at all times.
• Execute against the next gen office program from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, capacity planning, resource allocation, and project delivery.
• Provide oversight to the TPMs and PMs to ensure the project team has a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities.
• Act as an escalation point for the project team, project stakeholders, and business customers.
• Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify issues, and devising contingency plans.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
• Track and communicate program milestones, deliverables and risks.
• Ensure the program teams facilitates formal turn-overs with onsite team, support partners and monitor deliverables until agreed upon launch/project milestones are achieved.
• Develop or update documentation on processes that are critical to successfully executing the program.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years management experience with 4+ years leading globally distributed teams.
• 6+ years of experience leading large global IT projects from initiation to closure.
• Understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts.
• Intermediate-level knowledge in two or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Client.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
• Exemplary communication skills, managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to travel frequently both within country and Internationally.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
• Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across organizational structures and multiple management levels.
• Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels and serve as a role model for teamwork.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Site launch experience of IT infrastructure (WLAN, LAN, end user equipment) in retail, distribution, logistics or similar.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation