Reporting to the VP, Corporate Affairs, the Manager, Sustainability Reporting is responsible for Teck's sustainability reporting. This includes engaging with Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) ratings/rankings agencies, analysts/investors, and co-developing and implementing Teck's sustainability strategy and related communications.
To ensure accurate and efficient reporting on Teck's performance, key issues, and strategy, the successful candidate will effectively lead reporting processes and sustainability communications. This includes updating strategy, leading the development of key reports including the production of Teck's annual Sustainability Report and Economic Contributions Report.
The Manager, Sustainability Reporting will possess outstanding project management skills, a strong understanding of the principles and practices of reporting, strong public relations and written communications skills, and be able to partner with report contributors and reviewers at all levels across the organization. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) and Responsible Production
- Manages the production of the annual Sustainability Report. This includes development and communication of roles and responsibilities, engagement with subject matter experts across the company, development and delivery of training sessions for contributors, development of key tracking documents required for report production and continued monitoring to ensure a high-quality report is delivered on budget and on schedule
- Leads the external assurance process of the Sustainability Report by coordinating the logistics of assurance engagement, collaborating with assurance providers, and presenting the assurance process to corporate contributors
- Ensures the continual improvement of sustainability reporting at Teck by conducting the annual report debrief process, benchmarking and research of peers and sustainability leaders, and contributing to the multi-year reporting improvement plan
Reporting and Communications
- Leads engagement with ESG ranking/rating agencies and supports engagement on ESG topics with investors/analysts and collaborates with the Investor Relations function to improve and strengthen Teck's reputation
- Coordinates an ongoing ESG improvement process to identify gaps in disclosure or practices, and support development of plans to address, in coordination with subject matter leads
- Collaborates with internal Environment, Marketing and Supply Chain and Material Stewardship teams to support Responsible Production initiatives. This includes engaging with direct and downstream customers on sustainability, the completion of customer questionnaires and supporting development of new standards and certifications
- Leads the production of Teck's Economic Contributions report.
- Leads the development of all submissions and materials to maintain and enhance Teck's placement on other related sustainability indices or rankings including S&P Global Dow Jones, Bloomberg, MSCI, Global 100, Responsible Mining Index, VIGEO, FTSE4Good, etc
- Leads the communication of Teck's sustainability performance to communities of interest through various channels such as the report, social media and website
- Leads projects related to Teck's sustainability strategy, including internal engagement strategies
- Documents and improves sustainability reporting processes. Identifies and implements opportunities to increase the efficiency of data collection processes and reporting tools
- Contributes to the development and implementation of internal reporting standards at Teck
- Supports other major projects and initiatives at Teck as required
- University degree related to the field of sustainable development or equivalent experience, with 8 to 12 years' work experience
- Experience developing programs and strategy, delivering projects and leading resources effectively
- Demonstrated skills and experience in project management and delivery
- Possesses outstanding communication skills. Able to write and speak about sophisticated topics for a variety of audiences
- Possesses knowledge of sustainability issues, preferably in the resource development industry
- Analytical, with the ability to understand and recognize trends in data in the areas of environment, water, energy, social responsibility, safety and health, human resources and materials stewardship
- Results and continuous improvement oriented, with exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Sophisticated problem-solving skills with a consistent track record of prioritizing and multi-tasking effectively in time critical situations
- Experience in producing Sustainability Reports for large, complex organizations an asset
- Demonstrates Teck's commitment to safety and sustainability
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc. Teck has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years. Teck has also been named to the Forbes Canada's Best Employers 2022 and is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People . The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck has been recognized as one of the 2022 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations by Corporate Knights and is ranked #1 in the Metals and Mining industry on the S&P Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI). Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources . Job Segment:
Sustainability, Coal Mining, Supply Chain Manager, PR, Energy, Mining, Operations, Marketing