You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 145 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
KPMG's Sustainability Services practice provides a broad range of ISO, forest certification and forest carbon related services to clients across Canada and Internationally. As we expand there is an opportunity for professionals at both the manager and senior associate level to join our Vancouver based Sustainability Services team. These positions are focused on providing ISO certification, forest certification and forest carbon related services to public and private sector clients but will also support the delivery of ESG related services across a range of other industry sectors.
The positions require travel throughout North America and offers the opportunity to work on international forestry and sustainability assignments. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Participating in the delivery of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, forest certification audits chain of custody audits and forest carbon verification audits
- Assisting in the delivery of ESG assurance and advisory services across a range of public and private sector clients
- A degree in forestry, biology, engineering, environmental science or a related discipline.
- Recognition as an ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or ISO 45001 lead auditor.
- Consulting or auditing experience in progressive roles associated with ISO certification, sustainable forestry, greenhouse gas or environmental management
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- An appropriate natural resources related professional designation (e.g., RPF, RPBio or P.Eng.)
- Experience in carbon modelling, forest management planning, timberland planning, and forest operations
- Exposure to or audit experience with ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 45001 SFI or FSC standards
- Exposure to or audit experience with GHG verification standards such as ISO 14064:3
- Exposure to climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies, particularly related to land use
- Knowledge / experience with sustainable forest management, including forest certification
- French language proficiency
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.