Closing Date: December 31, 2023
Reporting to the Director, Sustainability Assurance and Management Systems, the Manager, Sustainability Assurance supports the strategic direction for the company's sustainability assurance program which includes implementing Teck's integrated assurance model.
This role is responsible for implementing a comprehensive assurance program using Teck's integrated assurance model, including internal compliance and management system assurance and supporting the external independent third assurance activities for membership and voluntary requirements for Teck. The position is global in scope covering all geographic areas in which Teck is active, within and across all Business Units. The role will work collaboratively with the Manager, Management Systems and Integration on the improvement opportunities, and will cooperate closely with Teck personnel at Corporate, Functional and Operational Levels to ensure compliance, performance improvement, reduced risk exposure and legal and financial liability. Other responsibilities include; leading consultants used in the execution of the integrated assurance program and the development and capacity building of skills in Teck to support the integrated assurance program.
The successful candidate must be a qualified lead auditor and have a detailed and up to date understanding of regulatory requirements and responsible production industry standards in the extractives industry. Furthermore, they must possess an outstanding technical, interpersonal and communication skills. Don't miss out this exciting opportunity to be part of one of Canada's leading mining companies and join our team! Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support the Manager, Management Systems and Integration on key improvement opportunities identified from assurance activities
- Support the implementation of Teck's integrated assurance model including internal assurance and external assurance
- Lead all aspects of planning, and implementation of the internal assurance program for compliance at corporate and operational levels
- Provide timely and effective reporting on internal assurance program activities including assurance report with performance improvement opportunities
- Support operations to develop effective and timely actions to correct deficiencies identified. Track the implementation and effective implementation of assurance-related findings
- Develop reporting material on the performance opportunities and status of implementation for senior management, HSEC RMC, sustainability committee of the board and operations
- Support the Director, Sustainability Assurance in the development of material required for external assurance for membership and voluntary requirements
- Support the external assurance program for membership requirements
- Develop compliance reporting materials for the HSEC RMC and Sustainability committee of the board
- Build audit support capacity in Teck
- Provide support and supervising sustainability assurance-related findings and corresponding data
- Develop and maintain the tools required for implementing the integrated assurance model (example: The Integrated Assurance Tool, the software and reporting tools)
Why Join Us?
- A bachelor's degree, preferably higher, in a natural resource discipline, environmental science or engineering, or in the field of sustainability.
- Previous experience with the implementation of Management System Standards (e.g. ISO) at an operational level
- Project management experience
- Lead auditor proficiency or equivalent experience
- Experience in the application of regulatory requirements in the extractive industry with solid understanding of the regulations in the jurisdictions in which Teck operates
- Experience in the mining industry is a definite asset
- A technical understanding of risk management and sustainability risks associated with the extractive industry
- Solid digital literacy and electronic database management knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Effective communication skills, written and oral
- A teammate, with a process focus and result oriented mentality.
- Outstanding coaching skills
- A minimum of ten years of progressively senior level experience
- The position will require travel to various operating and project locations at approximately 20 to 30% of time to all Teck operations and field sites including those at high altitude elevations
At Teck, we offer more than just a job - we provide a pathway to personal and professional enrichment. With captivating projects set against stunning backdrops, a culture of inclusivity and collaboration, and boundless opportunities to learn and grow, joining us means embracing a fulfilling and dynamic career adventure.
Teck employees receive access to our total rewards program and comprehensive benefits package that promote physical, mental, financial, and emotional well-being. This includes but is not limited to:
• Annual Performance Bonus
• Profit Share Plan
• Health Spending Account
• Personal Spending Account
• Extended Health Care
• Dental and Vision Care
• Employer Paid Pension Plan
• Life Insurance and Disability Coverage
• Paid Sick Leave, Vacation and Holidays
• Virtual Telemedicine and additional support for overall well-being
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Salary Range: $130,000 - $160,000
The actual base salary offered is determined based on the successful candidate's relevant experience, skills, and competencies and considers internal equity. About Teck
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution. Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2020, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eleventh straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Compliance, Sustainability, Coal Mining, Environmental Science, Legal, Energy, Mining, Science
Apply now »
Banking, Finance and Insurance