Position Title Manager, Supply Chain Posting Number 01052SA Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level A - Pay Band 12 Salary Range - Position Type Administration - Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Administration Start Date 05/03/2021 End Date Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift NA Work Arrangements
This regular full-time position is available in May 2021. Regular hours of work are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Travel between Douglas College's locations as required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Reporting to the Director, Facilities & Ancillary Services, the Manager, Supply Chain ("Manager") is responsible for strategic Supply Chain, providing leadership to the College to ensure that all supply chain-related systems and decisions are informed by best practices and maximize both quality and value. The Manager will ensure client centric services and application of leading management practices.
Guided by the College's Strategic Plan, the Manager, Supply Chain champions the evolution of Supply Chain Management at Douglas College, fostering a departmental culture of innovation, automation, team work, and service excellence. The Manager will be a leader, making contributions to the College's sustainability goals and other strategic initiatives through strategy, actions, and best practices within their scope of responsibility.Responsibilities
Strategic Vendor Management and Supply Chain Services:
• Provide Supply Chain and contract management services to the College for the procurement of goods,
services, and property leases in adherence with College policies, legislation, and industry protocols;
• Regularly review of standing agreements to ensure that business opportunities are being fairly offered in
the marketplace and that the agreements deliver optimal value to the College;
• Implement enterprise-wide preferred supplier agreements that deliver budget savings;
• Resolve conflict while maintaining mutually beneficial partnerships with suppliers and service providers;
• Develop and implement a comprehensive vendor evaluation procedure for the College; and
• Support Post-Secondary sector shared service opportunities that are beneficial to the College.
Management of the Supply Chain Ecosystem:
• Accountable for coordinating all phases of the contract award process; ensure the maintenance of
process to independently develop, negotiate, execute, and administer all types of complex, high risk,
legally binding contracts for goods and services;
• Ensure the appropriate method of bid solicitation, evaluating risks associated with contracts, communication, insurance coverage, policies, and replacement costs;
• Collaborate with the Manager Contract Administration and Insurance to manage insurable risk; ensure
that contracts comply with the Province's Risk Management Branch's directives and guidelines;
• Consult with the Director, Facilities & Facilities, and VP, Administrative Services & CFO on legal affairs,
statutory requirements, and College policy and procedures as necessary; and
• Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of Supply Chain and contract management process, including leading technology-enabled automation projects to focus supply chain resources on high value work.
Leadership and Training to the College:
• Plan, supervise and evaluate work performed by
the Supply Chain team;
• Provide tools and training to the College community on supply chain best practices;
• Provide the College guidance on the bid evaluation process in compliance with public sector regulations.
• Review and update policies and standard operating procedures related to job responsibilities;
• Support the Director in budget management for
Work with the Finance Department to support
budget planning and optimize expenditure of
College funds, and ensure correct accounting of
• Act as Fire Safety Director/Incident Commander,
including being available on-call, 24 hours a day
in case of emergency; and
• Performs other related duties and undertakes ad
hoc projects as required
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Successful demonstration of Supply Chain-focused technical expertise within a formal management role
including managing a supply chain ecosystem.
• Experience leading and developing collaborative team environments.
• Extensive experience developing purchase documentation, such as competitive and non- competitive bid
documentation, purchase orders and contracts, and issuing, evaluating and awarding contracts;
• Experience negotiating complex equipment and service contracts, and resolving contract disputes;
• Exceptional knowledge of applicable agreements, legislation, and regulations (e.g. Agreement on Internal
Trade ( ITA ), BC and Alberta Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement ( TILMA ), etc.)
• Experience managing the risk associated with major acquisitions, ensuring insurance and bonding requirements are addressed;
• Considerable experience assessing and monitoring budgets against expenditures;
• Considerable experience developing and implementing Contract Management and Vendor Performance
Management programs; and
• Experience working with and optimizing a computerized procurement system, and automating supply
chain functions leveraging existing technology tools.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
• A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Law or related field;
• Eight plus years of recent, related, and relevant experience at a senior management level in a public
sector, unionized, multi-disciplinary organization
• At least three years in a supervisory role (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be
• Professional certification in the supply management field (e.g. SCMA or ISM certifications such as SCMP ,
CPSM or CPSD )
Link to Full Position Profile https://leadersinternational.com/douglas-college-manager-supply-chain/ Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 03/09/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please email a cover letter & resume ( PDF or Word Document only) to Vancouver@leadersinternational.com
and indicate the role title in the
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/7092