Horizon Recruitment is searching for a Manager, Strategic Sourcing lead a major change management initiative within our BC client’s category management team. The Manager, Strategic Sourcing will develop innovative sourcing strategies and vendor management processes to ensure a complex portfolio of service providers is managed effectively. The role will lead a team of sourcing and procurement professionals, developing and managing strategic direction and ensuring the team delivers on that strategy.
This position will require high level interaction with internal stakeholders as well as a large portfolio of service providers focussed on site operations, emergency management services and other vendors critical to daily operations.
- Engages the client group to define, analyze and prioritize requirements with a view to the client’s longer term business strategy.
- Plans and executes all stages of the sourcing process to meet timelines and strategy objectives
- Leads cross-functional teams through the sourcing, evaluation, supplier negotiation and contract implementation.
- Communicates, monitors, and manages compliance with sourcing strategy and/or business process.
- Manages directly or supports the business to manage contracts and the performance of suppliers and ensures that performance issues are quickly resolved.
- Utilizes their expertise of corporate business needs and understanding of the market structure to make recommendations on how changes in business processes can improve ways to go to market; structure the sourcing approach and contract.
- Stays abreast of supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practices in sourcing and contract management.
- Seeks to improve capabilities of the supply base and/or key business processes.
- Reports performance data for assigned categories and/or key business processes.
- Works collaboratively and cross-functionally to ensure full understanding and support of category management, sourcing and contract management key processes.
- Develops relationships with key contacts at all levels
- Mentors other Supply Chain staff as required.
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work in a team based environment and influence positive business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, operations, engineering or equivalent.
- SCMP certification or other equivalent SCM certification is required.
- 8-10+ years sourcing and/or contract management experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing complex contracts for site operations, emergency management or facilities management.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing and contract management for multi-year and multi-million dollar technology contracts
- Experience with ERP Systems such as SAP is preferred.
- Expert in software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively initiate and maintain strongly influential business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Able to lead and influence teams, utilize business acumen to determine best course of action and trade-offs, utilize excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate decisions and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to not only adapt to change but to also support change within supply chain and more broadly across the organization.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.
Operations and Logistics