Permanent Reference code
:124841 Primary Location:
Toronto, ON All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Are you an experienced and trusted advisor to senior leadership, that helps plan and execute strategic communications, handles issues management and corporate positioning? We're looking for an exceptional relationship builder, collaborator and writer with strong media relations who can thrive in an exciting and high-pressure environment. This is a key role on our communications team that requires a distinct mix of skills and experience-and if this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.What will your typical day look like?
As the External Communications Manager will be responsible for enhancing and protecting Deloitte's brand and reputation through the development and implementation of comprehensive communications strategies including key messaging, corporate positioning, speaking points and thought leadership, and will promote and sustain content across multiple external channels as needed.
As a trusted advisor, you will advise senior leadership on a wide range of communications needs including stakeholder engagement, as well as media training as needed. Identify and assess issues and corporate reputational risks to protect the Deloitte Canada brand, while leading proactive media relations strategies.
The successful candidate will create and execute strategic communications plans. You will also work closely with global public relations counterparts and marketing teams to ensure plans align with a view to achieving the firm's overall business and growth objectives.About the team
Deloitte's national public relations and communications team works across various business areas and industries. The team proactively identifies opportunities for the firm's Canadian leaders to take part in the conversations that matter to our clients, communities, and country.
As an integral part of the communications teams, the External Communications Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager, Public Relations. The Manager will be tasked with protecting the integrity of the Deloitte Canada brand and reputation through crisis communications, issues management, stakeholder engagement, strategic communications planning, and media relations.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are self-motivated, energetic, and driven for success and you have:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a public relations or integrated communications role (previous experience working in a PR agency or professional services firm with a variety of business areas and stakeholders is a bonus)
- Superior writing skills with the ability to develop briefing notes, press releases, fact sheets, media material and social media content
- A comprehensive understanding of current events, business news, public policy, and Canadian politics - and a penchant for consuming traditional news and social media chatter on a regular basis
- Experience with the development and implementation of strategic public relations campaigns, including media training experience
- Demonstrate understanding of key business drivers and tailor communications strategies and solutions accordingly
- The ability to multitask and manage a consistent workload, juggling multiple priorities simultaneously (strong time management and project management skills are key)
- Strong relationships with journalists and influencers across the country and a thorough understanding of the Canadian media landscape.
- Excellent knowledge of media monitoring and sensing tools and of social media platforms, as well as reporting results/metrics
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism, or post-graduate in Public Relations/Corporate Communications
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or email@example.com
for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
PR, Corporate Communications, Marketing Communications, Marketing Manager, Public Policy, Marketing, Legal
Management and Executive