We're looking for a Software Development Manager
to help us build and manage high-performance teams that solve challenging engineering problems as we build the next generation of social products. You will focus on Business Integrations
with the Hootsuite product such as Apps for our Ecosystem, our Ecosystem API, and website,, and internal tools for our Support and Professional Services teams. You will hire, grow, coach, and lead teams of engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize backend infrastructure and core client-facing web applications used daily by all Hootsuite users. You will be based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office and will report to the Director, Software Development. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHO YOU ARE:
- 8 years of software development experience with a demonstrated increase in responsibility, including people leadership
- Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and SaaS systems
- Experience with Microservices and Service Oriented Architecture
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities
- Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Software and Programming