Position Summary MANAGER, SOCIAL MEDIA AND DIGITAL MARKETING Job ID: 4031 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
There is not a more compelling opportunity for a communications professional than joining the leadership of an inclusive team committed to making a positive difference in people's lives and communities. This is that opportunity: BC Housing is recruiting for a Manager, Social Media and Digital Marketing.
If you're looking for a run-of-the-mill communications role, this isn't it. But if you're an experienced leader committed to advancing equity while implementing innovation that actually sticks, then this could be your chance to be part of one of the most well-respected, purpose-driven public sector organizations in the country.
The Manager, Social Media and Digital Marketing is responsible for strategic communications planning and measurement across all social media platforms and for marketing strategy, with an emphasis on digital marketing .
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** MANAGER, SOCIAL MEDIA AND DIGITAL MARKETING:
($84,795.00 to $99,759.00 annually) POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Director, External Communications and Marketing, the Manager, Social Media and Digital Marketing is responsible for strategic communications planning and measurement across all social media platforms and for marketing strategy, with an emphasis on digital marketing. The Manager conceptualizes, recommends, implements, manages and evaluates content strategy across all social media platforms. She/he/they lead and are responsible for social media governance and strategy, and oversee the creation of digital content, including multimedia materials. The position collaborates with the Communications leadership team to support content development and dissemination for digital and social platforms. The Manager supervises a team of staff, oversees project teams and contractors, and develops and maintains strong working relationships internally and externally to accomplish BC Housing's goals and objectives. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations or other relevant discipline.
- Significant experience in social media strategy and digital marketing. Significant experience working with diverse communities and audiences. Considerable supervisory and leadership experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Significant knowledge of the philosophies, processes, practices and techniques of strategic communications planning and implementation.
- Significant knowledge of the affordable housing sector and ability to learn the Commission's organization, programs and services and of related legislation and policies.
- Significant knowledge of current social media and digital engagement techniques and approaches.
- Advanced editorial skills in e-publications and in the creation of interactive infographics, basic infographics, and video content.
- Advanced public sector marketing skills.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, interpersonal and mediation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making, project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop plans, strategies and programs and provide advice and counsel to management and staff in a deadline oriented, high profile and demanding environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and creatively, both orally and in writing with the ability to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple programs, issues and projects, coordinate work with others, keep the executive and senior management apprised of major issues and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external partners, stakeholders, agencies and contractors in planning and implementing strategies, providing strategic communications advice, and facilitating problem solving in achieving results.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of current trends and best practices in communications relevant to complex organizations.
Sales and Marketing