At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. Overview of the opportunity:
Our Transaction Services team helps our clients drive value from mergers and acquisitions (M&A) with a forward-thinking approach to deal planning. We are looking to grow our team, with opportunities at both Manager and Senior Manager level.
Our team helps buyers, sellers, private equity investors, and lenders in developing and executing on their M&A strategies. As trusted advisors to our clients, we keep in regular dialogue with the CEO, CFO, Principals, and other the primary decision makers to keep them well consulted through the deal lifecycle.
We offer our clients start-to-finish support in the acquisition process, including coordination and execution of financial due diligence investigations, input on strategy, identification and mitigation of risk areas, and input and advice on contract terms geared to reduce risks. We also assist our clients with a host of services to help close the transaction and prepare for post-deal integration.
Our people are motivated self-starters with expertise in finance, valuation, tax, accounting, and financial reporting.
This role offers you the opportunity to work in a fast paced and exciting environment, as part of a close-knit team of professionals, who have over 150 years of combined M&A experience. Over the last 4 years our Transaction Services team has tripled in size and we are continuing to grow at a record pace. We are looking to add an experienced Manager/Senior Manager to help us continue this incredible growth story.
Learn more here: Transaction Services, Deal Advisory - KPMG What you will do
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction cycle. Managers and Senior Managers in the Transaction Services team will:
What you bring to the role
- Project-manage financial due diligence advice and provide M&A transaction support and advisory services to our clients.
- Progress, train, and coach junior team members through thought-provoking and meaningful opportunities.
- Review and investigate historical trading, quality of earnings, cash flow, working capital, net debt, capital expenditure, forecasts, and underlying assumptions.
- Interpret and analyze information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business.
- Examine the adequacy of financing structure including review of agreements and consideration of limits, terms, and covenants.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships as a representative of KPMG Deal Advisory.
- Deliver verbal and written key issues summaries for our clients including identification of risk or price factors impacting investment decisions.
- Appraise potential synergies and post-merger integration considerations.
- Assess sale and purchase agreements and financial models to reflect findings of the due diligence process.
- Bring exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
- Must have a professional designation (CPA, CA)
- 4+ years of transaction experience in Corporate Finance, Transaction Service or Corporate Development, with a combined total of 6+ years of accounting and/or finance experience to include:
- Financial due diligence / Quality of Earnings analysis.
- Identification of issues and factors impacting valuations.
- Financial statement interpretation and analysis, including an understanding of the application of and compliance with GAAP.
- Review on target projects and formulate deal rationale and strategy.
- Professional report writing and presentation skills to assist in preparing pitch documents e.g. proposals and presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver the full cycle of project management, applying your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions.
- Track record in managing high performing engagement teams, deliver full cycle projects and client deliverables.
- Motivated, committed, and flexible to perform within strict deadlines.
- Ability to build a network and nurture working relationships.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Motivated to learn, succeed, and progress in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
*To be considered as a Senior Manager, you will need 6+ years of transaction experience in Corporate Finance, Transaction Service or Corporate Development, with a combined total of 8+ years of accounting and/or finance experience* Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.