At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG Restructuring and Turnaround offers a comprehensive range of restructuring and turnaround services. We provide guidance on financial restructuring and insolvency matters for companies facing adverse conditions, as well as bondholders, creditors' committees, single creditor classes and secured creditors. Our direction and leadership are provided with a view to achieving lasting operational and performance improvement. KPMG also acts in a fiduciary capacity in formal insolvency proceedings including receiverships, CCAA and bankruptcy proceedings. Our service team also includes turnaround work and interim management roles. What you will do
- Conduct financial analysis (including development of complex financial models) of companies in a variety of industries, including review of operations and cash flow.
- Contribute to self-guided business reviews and assist in restructuring/refinancing of underperforming companies.
- Take possession and securing of assets, including assisting in receivership activities.
- Contribute to preparation and distribution of reports.
- Communicate closely with a variety of parties including clients, other advisors and stakeholders.
- Contribute to proactive business development initiatives.
- Deliver problem-solving and market research information.
- Support clients on legislative and compliance issues.
- Use negotiation skills to identify common ground and potential solutions beneficial to all parties.
- Business Development and obtaining new clients
- Delivery of projects to clients and make sure all projects are delivered on time and to client needs
At times, business needs arise and employees are desired and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities desired for their job. Employees may also need to travel for client engagements. Likewise, people need time to commit to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
- 2-3 years of experience in restructuring and insolvency experience. 5 + years' experience to be considered at the senior manager level
- 1-2 years of experience at a Manager level or equivalent at a recognized professional firm.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA).
- CIRP certification and Trustee License in progress.
- Professional designation in Accounting, CPA designation would be a plus.
- Ability to work collegially as part of a high-performing team.
- Ability to prepare detailed, functional financial models, including financial projections.
- Excellent technical ability and a conscientious approach to assignments.
- Good business judgment and strong problem-solving skills and computer skills (particularly, modeling in Excel).
- A willingness to take on key responsibilities in an adaptable intensive work environment.
- Demonstrated skill in managing conflicting asks and priorities.
- Ability to guide client expectations over level and speed of service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel both within Canada and internationally as desired.
- Relocation considered for the right candidate
#LI-Hybrid Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.