Employer: Arc’teryx Equipment, a division of Amer Sports Canada Inc.
Title: Manager, R&D Operations
Salary: $100,000 to $140,00
Benefits: Eligible for performance based bonuses (0-22.5%) and annual salary increases, Extended Medical, RRSP Matching, Training and Development, Staff Purchase
Term: Full-time, permanent
Location: #100 2155 Dollarton Hwy, North Vancouver, BC V7H 3B2
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Design Operations
As Manager, R&D Operations, you think big picture yet still pay attention to the small details. You have a strong sense of leadership and the ability to communicate at every level. You bring your creative view of problem solving and a strong sense of initiative to drive efficient operations through project calendars and resource allocation, ensuring timelines and business objectives are met.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- You partner with the Director, Advanced R&D to compile the plan for innovation and technology projects that result in growth opportunities and competitive advantages in the marketplace
- You lead and empower an innovation team to deliver technologies and concepts that are ready and scalable as part of long term, company-wide, product design strategies.
- You lead and support a team of field testing experts for new material developments and finished goods ensuring criteria is established, compiled and evaluated.
- You partner with Senior Manager, Design Operations to assemble the project team, identifying resources required and workflow capacity plan needed to successfully complete the project
- You are responsible for project kick off to ensure successful completion according to plan and timeframe, in partnership with cross functional stakeholders
- You establish framework for project scope and targets; including objectives, measures and clear ownership & decision RACI
- You are responsible for the creation, monitoring and reporting of project budget
- You are responsible for developing, maintaining and updating the project schedule, task sequence and status updates
- You ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- You establish a regular communication schedule to update cross functional and Senior Leadership stakeholders at a consolidated level
- You partner with cross functional stakeholders to ensure timely and appropriate review and validation at project stage-gates
- You are responsible to assess cost and lifecycle of new tools and processes as defined within the project
- You oversee the documentation of CE submissions, ensuring timeframe aligns with project plan and Idea to Consumer (I2C) process deadlines
- You contribute to SR&ED documentation process and submissions
- You are responsible to compile project scope, activities, and expenditures, of projects deemed eligible for submission to funding programs (SR&ED, IRAP, NRC, MITACS, and so forth)
Additional experience, education and/or skills required:
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager, preferably in Technical Apparel or Equipment, with 2+ years in a leadership role
- Completion of a Degree in business, engineering or related field.
- You have an understanding of advanced softgoods and hardgoods manufacturing and tooling
- You have proven leadership and mentorship skills in a cross functional environment
- You are highly organized, process driven, and comfortable working with incomplete R&D concepts
- You have a keen interest in technical equipment and apparel and its application to a variety of environments
- You set a clear vision, align your team around common objectives, and foster commitment to these objectives
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues, seeking the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
- A strong knowledge of Arc’teryx products and interest/involvement in activities Arc’teryx makes products for