Manager, Provincial Programs - Supportive Care and Family Experience Provincial Admin Department, BC Cancer Vancouver
Reporting to a Director, Provincial Programs at BC Cancer, the Manager, Provincial Programs, Supportive Care, Patient and Family Experience is responsible for the management and oversight of strategic programs and related projects under their designated portfolio relating to the broad areas of transformation and quality improvement policy evaluation. What you do
What you bring
- In collaboration with provincial directors and leadership, and with support from the BC Cancer team as applicable, provides leadership and manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of their designated program area in support of strategic initiatives, programs, and projects. Manages a diversity of programs/related projects of varying scope in a complex and changing multidisciplinary environment and with a diversity of partners/stakeholders.
- Maintain responsibility for ensuring that their program area's projects are completed in adherence to project protocols/ charters/ agreements, timelines, applicable institutional and ethical policies and procedures, and pertinent legislation.
- Manage the identification, collection and analysis of relevant information/evidence relating to their designated program and related projects, and synthesizes findings in order to effectively integrate these into the development, implementation, analysis, dissemination of findings, and policy/practice implications of strategic programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for negotiating and facilitating consensus of resources with multiple stakeholders, as well as establishing consensus around standardization of policy and practice standards for the designated program area.
- Develop, coordinate and/or oversee coordination of proposals, and work plans for their designated program's projects, ensuring that resources will meet program/project objectives and high quality deliverables; prepares mid-term and final reports.
- Lead and/or coordinate strategic program teams, related working groups, and advisory committees to achieve targeted goals/objectives of strategic programs and related projects, and to build and strengthen relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing and recommending budget, monitoring expenditures, analyzing and reporting on variances to meet annual budget and program targets.
- Improve quality and effectiveness of BC Cancer clinical team processes by formulating and implementing team-based recommendations.
- Lead the development and implementation of new policies and standards within the designated program area.
- Engage with external health authority stakeholders to enable advancement of services.
- Collaborate to conduct research in support of the Cancer Plan and provincial mandate.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master's Degree in Health Administration, or a related field.
- Seven (7) years of recent experience in program management, facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups, planning, or program development in healthcare.
What you have
What's in it for you
- Organizational, leadership, planning and communication skills.
- Skills as a coach and change agent.
- Interpersonal skills and relationship building that facilitate teamwork, intra- and inter-institutional coordination.
- Conduct strategic planning, business plan development and effective implementation of plans.
- Ability to lead and supervise staff.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Regular Full Time
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
750 West Broadway, Vancouver Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday - Friday 08:00-16:00; 08:30-16:30; 09:00-17:00
Requisition Number: 107844 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 10, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.