Reporting to the Health Service Administrator, the Manager, Patient Care Services is responsible for the
management, leadership and coordination of services for the areas within the portfolio. This includes
responsibility for the management of staff and resources and the provision of leadership and consultative
advice in clinical care, operational and administrative activities of the service(s); ensuring that services
are delivered and implemented in an effective and efficient manner and meeting established strategic
directions and organizational initiatives and objectives in a manner aligned with the organization's culture,
values and strategic direction. Qualifications Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or other health care discipline, Health Administration or Public Administration;
- Seven (7) years' experience, including two (2) years at the supervisory/management level;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration, or eligibility for registration, with the appropriate governing professional body.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a multidisciplinary team approach involved in the coordination of care in a complex
environment and system of care services.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to motivate and delegate.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to promote team building while understanding that decisive action is required.
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems and to develop alternative strategies to support quality
- Positive problem solving skills in a dynamic unionized work environment.
- Computer proficiency.
View Hazelton Community