Lead the development of organisational capability and culture aligned to the vision, values and long-term strategic objectives of our client This role encompasses the development and implementation of a contemporary, business driven human resources function to deliver long-term business success for our Client and its stakeholders.
• Lead the Executive Team to define the role and scope of Strategic Human Resources Leadership.
• Lead the definition of the workforce shape and organisational competencies required to deliver strategic business imperatives.
• Drive the creation of a high performance work culture that delivers safe, robust and values based culture.
• Translate the HR Strategy into robust, practical, commercially viable HR Strategic Plans which cover attraction, retention, capable and effective at delivering a high level of HR business service.
• Initiate and align organisation development activities to plans and strategies.
• Oversee and manage the development of best practice people policies, systems and processes aligned to organisation needs and values and ensure the consistent application and implementation across locations and companies within the Group.
• Provide high-level advice and support to the Executive Team, Board and Management Team in relation to strategic HR and OD matters.
• Act as a trusted adviser and coach to the Executive Team.
• Represent our Client as the key strategic contact with stakeholders and industry as required
• Develop a team of HR specialists and business partners who are capable and effective at delivering a high level of HR business service.
• Lead the Health, Safety Team to deliver a culture of safety leadership and behavioural safety consistent with the corporate policies and safety goals
• Ensure that change management initiatives and contemporary and innovative to deliver our strategic objectives.
• Branch Managers, Managers & Team Leaders
• Owners, shareholders
• All Staff
• WorkSafe BC
• WorkSafe ALTA
• HR & OHS Networks
• Educational Institutions
• Relevant tertiary degree qualifications in an HR related discipline plus post-graduate qualifications and substantial human resources experience in a broad range of strategic human resource management, including employee relations, employee and organisational development and OH&S management.
• CHRP designation strongly preferred.
• Highly developed influencing and negotiation skills at all levels.
• Proven knowledge of relevant legislation, principles and practices associated with human resources management.
• High-level interviewing, listening and negotiation skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels using written, oral and visual skills. Ability to hold sensitive and confidential consultation and discussion with managers, employees and other external parties
• High level analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and to recommend appropriate courses of action using procedures, practices, guidelines and the application of professional knowledge. Ability to make recommendations based on and consistent with relevant legislation and internal policies and principles
• Demonstrated financial and budget management skills
• Ability to work within a multi-functional team environment and to provide high quality human resource services to support line managers
• To prioritise and balance conflicting priorities and work to meet critical timelines within established budgets
• Understanding Business Concepts–be able to take a holistic view of the business, being aware of the range of other functions and their inter-dependency, and taking a broad perspective in decision-making. This will support rational and workable decisions.
• Recognising Opportunities to Improve –be alert to opportunities to change work practices and procedures; bringing personal insight and the ability to make improvements that are practical and effective.
• Managing Business Processes–be able to establish processes, systems and structures in line with organisational needs, service requirements and quality standards. Includes system and process improvements.
• Enhancing Teams–be able to forge a solid team, taking steps to increase the level of interaction within and across teams, and actively encouraging the contribution of teams.
• Motivating Team Members–to be aware of the talent that individuals possess, and using this as a basis for further developing them while maintaining open feedback that encourages sustained and improved performance.
• Relating–be able to build-up working relationships and networks within and outside the organisation in order to improve performance.
• Persuading People–be able to recognise how different groups and individuals will be impacted in conversation, and presenting cogent arguments that sway people to preferred view.
• Drive for Results–be able to hold one self accountable for the quality of the projects and initiatives delivered under one's management, remaining flexible in response to changes within the organisation and industry, and handling work pressure appropriately.
We thank all candidates for their application however only those short listed for interview will be selected due to the high volume of applicants.
Connect with employer:
About Chorius Executive Search
CHORIUS is a Vancouver BC based Executive Search & Management Consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the small, mid-sized and large businesses.
We assist Executives to make distinctive...