JYSK is one of the world's leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers. First established in Denmark in 1979, JYSK operates retail stores which sell everything for your home throughout Europe and internationally and are now present across 51 countries with over 2,900 stores.
Although JYSK today is a global business, the company is managed based on its Scandinavian roots. This reflects in JYSK's company culture and the way it does business.
The first Canadian JYSK store was opened in Coquitlam, BC in 1996. Today, JYSK operates 61 stores across Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec.
JYSK Canada is currently seeking a Manager of Financial Reporting
to join its growing finance department. The position will be based in our head office in Coquitlam, BC. Job Overview
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Manager of Financial Reporting will lead and improve our monthly financial reporting process, prepare a full set of consolidated financial statements and reporting packages to senior management, and provide ad-hoc analysis to support key decision-making. The role requires someone who is highly motivated, deadline driven, and committed for continuous process improvement. The Role
Qualifications and Experience
- Complete full cycle period end close including related journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Plan for month end cycle; follow up with financial reporting team for execution.
- Prepare monthly financial reports to compare actuals to budget, forecast and prior year, and investigate any drivers of significant variances
- Prepare Quick Report and Consolidated Financial Statements
- Review commentary on the financial statements prepared by financial reporting team
- Assist with the annual budget and quarterly forecast process
- Plan for interim and annual external audit and liaise with the auditors
- Play an active role in finance related projects (systems and process improvements, Finance initiatives and ad-hoc projects)
More Great Information!
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Business Administration
- Enrollment in CPA program or currently hold a designation
- Have a minimum of five years of full cycle accounting experience
- Have a minimum of one year of management level experience
- Must be proficient in presenting data and documenting variance analysis.
- Strong results-oriented management skills; able to prioritize and organize work effectively in a fast-paced environment to deliver on tight timelines with strong attention to detail and high accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to work with other department heads
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Experience in a high-volume, multi-location organization with +20M revenue would be considered an asset
- Experience working with accounting software (such as Microsoft Navision and Prophix) would be considered an asset
Thanks for your interest in JYSK! Due to a high volume of applications, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you haven't done so already, please follow us on Twitter for the latest career opportunities at JYSK:https://twitter.com/JyskCANCareers Best of luck with your search! Follow us online for MORE opportunities!
JYSK Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, transfer, promotion and all other conditions of employment. As a company, we have developed l programs and policies that address and recognize our objective to ensure that our work environment remains free of discrimination and harassment of any kind and promotes and recognizes the diverse backgrounds of our Colleagues. JYSK Canada will accommodate both internal and external applications throughout the hiring process.
All employment decisions at JYSK are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended. We consider all applications on the basis of individual qualification for the particular position and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic.
JYSK Canada is committed to the value of equal employment opportunity for all Colleagues and the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.