Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. BCAA has been named one of BC's Top Employers 2021!What BCAA offers you:
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC's Top Employers 2020, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
The Manager Mobility Tech takes overall responsibility for an assigned set of business applications, managing resources to complete a prioritized list of related configuration and development work including: architecture, systems analysis, design review, coding/configuration, unit, system and load/performance testing. The Manager Applications works closely with Lines of Business (LOB) and Partners serving as an account manager and provides accurate analysis and development estimates on release candidates (Development/Configuration enhancements) for future releases. Oversees People, Budgets and aligns strategy to the overall strategy of the organization taking ownership of problems and successful remediation.
Key Responsibilities: Applications Management
- Provide direction to Scrum Master or serve as Scrum Master enabling fast flow of work through the system.
- Work with the Product Manager/Product Owner/Business Analyst on the Product Vision and Backlog.
- Lead Guilds with a focus on collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Adopt leadership style that is appropriate for agile delivery
- Lead the team to make work visible and to show to the customer we are delivering value in a predictable, stable, regular and frequent manner.
- Provide support and assistance to Teams, Scrum Masters and POs.
- Help remove impediments that are harming Team effectiveness.
- Provide production support framework to ensure responsiveness and ownership by the team.
- Support Scrum Masters' efforts to protect Teams from distractions, disruption, or outside interference.
- Direct and oversee the development of solutions for new and existing systems.
- Identify issues to Teams that they may have overlooked, such as scalability, performance, security, etc.
- Identify and interpret disparate business needs & potential alternatives.
- Collaborate cross functionally to formulate strategic opportunities, long term roadmaps and associated financial implications (i.e. 12 to 18 months).
- Provide SME knowledge in high level solution design sessions.
- Communicate rationale behind business objectives and decisions to enhance engagement and empowerment of team members.
- Assist with development of business unit Strategic Plans, People Plans, Projects and Budgets.
- Understand operational issues, identify areas where it is not safe to fail and, if needed, provide help to teams to address them.
- Customer obsessed to ensure exceptional experience delivery
- Contributes SME knowledge to help team establish and execute short- and long-term architectural roadmaps
- Cultivates a culture of quality by making sure teams apply good coding practice and comply with non-functional requirements.
- Leads Team to apply automation and DevSecOps in all aspects of the development, test and delivery processes.
- Ensures new systems or proposed additions and changes are consistent with BCAA's overall data and application architecture.
- Ensures new designs and technology are approved through the Change Review Board process.
- Assist teams reduce cycle time and maintain on work in progress (WIP) limits Ensure that the team can provide appropriate coverage for all core services and that there are no single points of failure.
- In collaboration with Service Desk, ensure CTTO provides adequate support to system users
- Conduct detailed retrospective for all major incidents/issues that fall under their area of responsibility.
- Ensure systems are well-maintained, documented and supported.
- Ensure that the team can provide appropriate coverage for all core services and that there are no single points of failure.
- In collaboration with Service Desk, ensure adequate support is provided to business system users.
IS Account Management
- Encourage practices of continuous learning and continuous improvement
- Ensure that retrospectives are used as learning opportunities that drive continuous improvement
- Assist teams reduce cycle time and maintain on work in progress (WIP) limits
- Work with business stakeholders in respective Lines of Business to align the technology direction in support of business outcomes and objectives, communicating trade-offs and understanding implications
- Manage internal LOB relationships and service delivery expectations
- Provide strategic technical guidance to help plan and build solutions for line of business
Optimize team performance
- Strive to build high performing teams.
- Develop and implement standards and best practices in conjunction with CTTO leadership team.
- Streamline process and bring consistency to tools across teams.
- Work with teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and support & encourage teams to continually strive to improve how teams deliver. Ensure all team members adhere to best practices.
- Visualize work and encourage/empower teams to optimize performance.
- Stay abreast of developments in the tools and technologies that Scrum Teams are using. Solicit input from Scrum Teams and other stakeholders on tools and technologies that could be useful. Spend time getting hands-on familiarity with these tools and technologies
- Stay up to date on industry news. Be knowledgeable about developments from our company, our competitors, and our largest customers, including financial performance, market share, product roadmap, and overall business strategy
- Provide career coaching & development advice to team members so that they can be effective & successful as well as aligned with the direction of the organization
- Manage Performance.
- Ensure best BCAA P&D practices, documentation and procedures are followed.
- Ensure knowledge transfer and retention in team.
- Create and maintain succession plans
- Bachelor's degree in Computing Science or Information Systems
- Development\\Application Management experience combined with education in other fields will be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years technical experience, plus 5 years supervising and managing staff
- Technical: Architecting application solutions, data modeling (logical and physical), data and pattern analysis, implementation of application solutions, program, creating specifications, unit and system testing
- Project Management/Scrum Master with proven track record
- Leading development and solution teams
- Ability to create systematic and consistent procedures and processes in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to create systematic and clear documentation
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with other team members
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Customer focus
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Scrum Master/Agile Certifications
- Expertise with Kanban
- Experience in a large diversified IT organization with a complex corporate structure, or within more than one discipline of IT
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into system issues and products as required.
Internal Applicants: The deadline to apply for this role is March 8, 2021. Any internal applications received after the internal application deadline will be considered with external applications. Please note this is a M3 salary position.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance