The Ballard Strategy and Corporate Development team is seeking a talented M anager, Merger & Acquisition Integration
. The Manager, Merger & Acquisition Integration
is a results-oriented professional with high standards that exhibits excellent judgment, and thinks strategically, staying on top of tactical execution. The selected candidate will be a strong program manager who can coordinate all levels of integration activities, including helping the executives set the strategy and then working with the various functional teams to execute the program and track post-close synergies. Responsibilities
- Manage the integration of acquired companies into the Ballard organization, including integration strategy, objectives, project management, timelines, and targets to ensure the strategic rationale of the acquisition or divestment is delivered
- Partner cross-functionally with key stakeholders across Ballard and acquired companies to develop and execute with appropriate playbooks, tools and learnings from prior integrations.
- Evaluate potential synergies and post-merger integration considerations during the due diligence phase and identify and quantify the operational impact from merging businesses
- Deliver rapid impact assessments and provide function-specific advice on key integration challenges; manage regular integration meetings and drive issue resolution
- Lead post-merger assessment discussions to mitigate future risks and implement strategies that constantly improve the acquisition and integration process
- Establish effective process to monitor, track and report integration KPIs including qualitative and quantitative analyses of synergies to capture deal value.
- Prepare internal discussion documents, board materials and external presentations.
- Present views effectively and in a compelling manner and adapt approach to specific target audiences including C-suite executives
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understanding of Ballard's business, including our product and services capabilities, competitive advantages, customer/market areas, competitors, and corporate development and acquisition strategies, as to enable effective involvement as part of the Corporate Development team
- 8+ years of work experience in one or more of: M&A integration, corporate development, management consulting or business operations.
- University degree in a related field
- Experience managing multiple M&A integration projects simultaneously and reporting / tracking planned KPIs
- Managing projects internationally is a plus, but not required
- Strong leadership, teamwork and project management with ability to work effectively with key stakeholders across multiple teams and companies.
- Ability to work in a multitasked, fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to lead several process workstreams through explorations, gap analysis, integration planning, execution, and problem solving. The ability to work collaboratively with workstream leads and subject matter experts to arrive at risk-based approaches related to tactical execution steps is required.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems
- Ability to think creatively, solve complex problems, determine innovative solutions and communicate with impact
- Superior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellent | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Banking, Finance and Insurance