AbeBooks, an Amazon company, connects millions of buyers with booksellers from around the world. We provide a marketplace for hundreds of millions of items that includes everything from exquisite manuscripts and long lost books from your childhood, to postcards from Mohandas Gandhi and signed first editions of "A Farewell to Arms".
About the Role
AbeBooks is looking for a seasoned digital marketer with a proven track record of leading marketing teams and building successful programs that scale to millions of customers. This role will focus on demand generation by building interconnected marketing programs that leverage AbeBooks' data to deliver the perfect message to our customers. You will use your passion, experience and vision to build and lead a team of digital marketers in Canada and Germany.
As a senior leader on the AbeBooks Marketing & UX team you will work closely with the Director of Marketing and the UX Manager.
This role requires an individual who can combine digital marketing technologies with customer and campaign data to create a self-learning marketing ecosystem. They need to have a strong mind for strategy and also the drive to test quickly. They must have strong communication skills, be self-motivated and have the ability to influence teams across the organization. They will have strong quantitative analytical skills, excellent business judgment and will over-index in their ability to dive deep into business detail, identify way to simplify and increase efficiencies, take ownership and deliver results.
AbeBooks offers competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, and a beautiful waterfront office space, as well as bonus perks such as fresh fruit, snacks, free drinks and personal development days.
What really makes us stand out is the world-class team of people that you get to work with every day. We trust our employees because we only hire the best. We want people who are prepared to challenge the status quo and always raise the bar. And we do all this while having fun and enjoying the tranquility of island life.
Apply today, and learn more about why you should join our award-winning workplace!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
• 5+ years experience leading teams
• 5+ years delivering programs as a digital marketing manager, marketing automation manager or performance marketing manager
• Proven track record of hiring and developing exceptional individual contributors
• Proven analytical skills and highly comfortable mining, synthesizing and summarizing data
• Ability to see the big picture and produce tactical plans to execute on strategy, with excellent attention to detail
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing and speaking skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in remote team management and a willingness to travel internationally on a biannual basis
• Experience in ecommerce SEO or mobile strategy
• Experience in SQL
• Fluent in German, French, Italian or Spanish
Sales and Marketing