Position Summary MANAGER, LENDING SERVICES -Senior Commercial Account Manager- Job ID: 3953 REGULAR FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
The Lending Services Team at BC Housing evaluate the feasibility and risk of developing affordable rental housing projects in a unique and diverse commercial lending environment
in comparison to most major banks and credit unions. The position reviews credit proposals and applications and evaluates strategies for the mitigation of credit risks
to the Commission.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages, and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable, and quality housing.
Key responsibilities of the Manager, Lending Services include credit analysis, assessment of security structure, review of loan and mortgage documents, analysis of financial information as well as terms and conditions for loan approval.
Focused on delivering social affordable and developer owned market rental housing projects, the team requires an individual who is versatile, adaptable and able to transfer proficient commercial real estate financing knowledge and judgement to the role of a quasi-loan adjudicator in BC Housing. Possession of strong credit skills acquired from real estate or commercial lending is a key asset in this position.
This team ensures that projects are structured properly and are financially viable, with an appropriate capital structure and sourcing, within a much broader context than is considered feasible by most major banks and credit unions.
Reporting to the Director Lending Services, the Manager Lending Services provides leadership to the team of Lending Officers and provides strategic and operational direction
. In relation to housing development and re-development projects, they provide leadership in designing and developing financial and risk analysis in the areas of
They also provide direction in the review of mortgage documentation for Development Strategies, Building Envelope Repair projects and for Provincial Infrastructure Grant Projects. The incumben
- Financial modeling and credit/security risk analysis
- Development feasibility
- Capital sourcing, and
- Business case and legal documentation review support.
t participates in the negotiations with partners, housing providers, municipalities, developers, and others to ensure projects are structured properly and are financially viable with appropriate capital structure and sourcing
. They work closely with the Mortgage Administration, Legal Administration, Development and Asset Strategies and HousingHub staff regarding the provision of construction lending, mortgage financing, and legal administration services, and monitors any changes to the risk profile throughout the life cycle of the project and recommends strategies to reduce risk as required. CANDIDATE PROFILE: The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Urban Land Economics, or other relevant discipline.
- Considerable experience (7+ years) in commercial underwriting and adjudication of large multi-unit residential developments.
- More than 7 years of experience in risk and financial analysis.
- Minimum of 3 years team leadership.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Considerable knowledge (7+ years) and understanding of different types of ownership and security structures and financing of mixed social and market rental developments involving multiple partners and funding programs.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of title search, mortgage related security documents and requirements, risk modelling, and the ability to assess risk and develop a comprehensive risk profile for each project and borrower.
- Ability to analyze complex corporate financial statements and business operational information, quickly grasp the linkages and implications and make quick but effective decisions.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment and facilitate creative thinking with respect to the best use of development properties, forms of ownership, financing structures and strategies for mitigation of risk.
- Relationship builder with an ability to establish a high level of rapport with Development Services and HousingHub staff, and housing development partners and stakeholders.
- Agile and flexible individual, able to adapt your knowledge and skills to a very fluid and unique commercial lending environment.
- Strong critical thinking and adjudication ability
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting.
- Working knowledge and understanding of departmental policies and procedures and of the Commission's mandate and programs.
- Excellent organizational, research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent consultative, facilitation, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **