Position Title: Manager, Innovation & Engagement, Ideas Lab
Job Posting Close Date: 12/21/2022
Position Start Date: 02/01/2023
Employee Group: Exempt
Position Type: Continuing Full-time
Salary: Recruitment Range: $64,860 - $86,480 per year - Starting salary is determined through knowledge, experience and internal equity. Performance Range: Starting salary up to a maximum of $95,129 is obtainable through annual performance increases. JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Learning Services Director, the Manager, Innovation and Engagement - Ideas Lab is responsible for the vision and effective operation of the Wilna Thomas Centre for Culture and Learning's Ideas Lab, a Makerspace and Collaboration Studio. The Manager ensures access to tools and space that promote innovation, learning and community building. The purpose of the Ideas Lab is to support students, faculty, and staff to explore and express ideas, research and develop projects in digital and physical formats.
As the leader of a new and evolving unit, the Manager collaborates with Learning Services staff and others from the Camosun community, to determine what new services and functions the Ideas Lab will offer on its own, or with other support units and Schools. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Makerspace Technician (1 FTE, CUPE) ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create an Ideas Lab vision and operations workplan in collaboration with the Director and other Learning Services colleagues, as well as with inputs from the Camosun community
- Using the principles of Universal Design, create and maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment within the Wilna Thomas Centre for Learning and Culture so users feel welcomed, supported and safe.
- Assist faculty, students, staff, and community partners in the use of digital tools and methodologies through workshops and one-on-one consultations on topics such as: video production, virtual and augmented reality, 3D printing, data visualization, and podcasting
- Promote the Ideas Lab services by educating the college community about the workshops and services, as well as promoting workshops and tools to students.
- Research technologies, equipment and software that will enable the college community to explore and express ideas.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Ideas Lab including budgeting and supervision of staff
- Participate in communities of practice for digital scholarship and academic makerspaces to learn about new trends, and cultivate relationships and potential partnerships
- Support faculty including those in Learning Services to develop custom workshop content for courses OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs other related duties as assigned KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to network effectively, persuade, influence, and achieve results with a broad variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively, develop innovative solutions and lead change in a positive and inclusive manner.
- Understanding of the digital divide and the barriers that impacts students
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of academic makerspaces
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage projects, specifically in a start-up or new service environment
- Demonstrated ability to write and produce content for the web and other virtual learning spaces
- Knowledge of emerging trends and practices within post-secondary education, and the ability to foster the adoption of new practices within the Camosun community QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters degree in related field (e.g. Educational Technology, Library and Information Studies, Computer Science) or equivalent experience in STEAM education with a focus on technology for learning.
- Strong communication and organizational skills critical thinking, innovation, change management and customer service.
- Experience facilitating the creation of accessible, inclusive learning environments
- 3 years of experience leading staff in a collaborative setting preferred
- 3 years of experience working in a post-secondary setting preferred
For more information and to apply for this position, please visit the job posting on our careers website: camosun.peopleadmin.ca/postings/5092 Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Management and Executive