Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Human Resources Manager is a key member of the senior management team and is responsible for human resource activities throughout the operation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Program. You will have an interactive role with the Plant Manager, Superintendents and Supervisors, providing support and leadership for all employees on the site.
- Management of the Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Development and coaching support for staff and employees
- Recruitment of hourly and salary employees
- Administration of the Collective Agreement and Local Agreements
- Management and coordination of the Ability Management Program
- Administration of hourly and salary benefit plans
- Facilitation and conflict resolution support for the division
- A high degree of personal motivation and the drive to exceed expectations
- Proven ability and experience in labour relations and administration of collective agreements
- Strong negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
- Experience in managing OH&S and Ability Management Programs
- Proven ability to work as a team player
- Effective communicator with strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to provide leadership in non-reporting relationships
- Minimum of three to five years of Human Resources experience
- A diploma or degree in Human Resources and a CHRP designation will be considered an asset
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.