Manager, Clinical Services Regional Operations Functional Imaging, Oral Oncology and Supportive Care BC Cancer, Vancouver What you do
What you bring
- Develop strategic priorities and coordinates operational planning and implementation for the Cancer Centre in conjunction with the practice leaders and Senior Director, Regional Clinical Operations. Collaborate with regional and provincial based colleagues including medical and operational leaders in support patient-focused and integrated care. Ensure consistent and aligned messaging by Centre leadership, and communicates PHSA and BCCA vision, values and strategic direction and ensures integration into practice by interdisciplinary team members.
- Provide overall leadership and direction for team members using effective management techniques (e.g., coaching, mentoring, skill and leadership development, decision making, coalition building and performance management) that support the achievement of required outcomes. Manages and supervises staff.
- Manage service area operations by coordinating and establishing priorities, assessing and monitoring staffing requirements and supplies. Define an effective workforce plan in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders that ensures the availability of adequate & appropriate staff according to operational demands and environmental and resource constraints.
- Develop effective and efficient practices and processes to measure the use of resources and quality of care. Prepare an operating budget, monitors variances and use best practice methods in reporting, monitoring and managing allocated budget. Coordinate contract management as required.
- Lead, in collaboration with physicians & professional practice leaders, the identification of evidence based outcomes, the development of quality indicators and care pathways, ensures compliance with accreditation standards, and coordinates or participates in quality improvement activities (including imPROVE).
- Provide leadership to staff through collaborative coaching, guiding and modeling key behaviors and strategies, encouraging dialogue and providing guidance and advice to facilitate resolutions to work issues. Foster partnerships and establishes systems that ensure seamless client flow.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise staff by identifying vacancies, interviewing applicants, and making hiring decisions in collaboration with nursing, physician and professional practice leaders as needed; and ensure clarification of roles, adherence to accreditation and practice standards, and safe delivery of care.
- Implement effective performance management processes in an interdisciplinary team environment. Ensure probationary and annual reviews are completed for program staff; investigates work and staff issues, and where necessary initiates disciplinary action up to and including termination. Participate in labour relations, including the grievance process. Monitor requests for overtime, vacation, leaves of absences, and sick time.
- Create an environment that encourages participation in research, evidence - based practice, fosters personal growth and supports opportunities for learning and teaching for students and staff.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field from an accredited University, a Master's degree is preferred,
- A minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years recent related clinical experience
- Plus two (2) years working in a managerial/leadership capacity.
- Current registration/membership with appropriate professional college if applicable is preferred.
What you have
What's in it for you
- Proven leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills conducive to interacting in a multidisciplinary environment and ability to relate easily to a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships that promote cooperative goal achievement and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Self-directed and highly motivated.
- Lead teams and to promote teamwork.
- Critical thinking skills and proven ability to effectively manage human and fiscal resources.
- Understanding and experience of quality assurance process, operational planning and program development.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Regular Full Time
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday - Friday 08:00-16:00
Requisition Number: 107965 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 11, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.