We have a lot to be proud of at Nicola Wealth. Our sophisticated financial planning, our diversified private investment funds and their exceptional performance, our 99% client retention rate and our award-winning culture, combine to position us as a national leader in wealth management. Recognized as a Best Managed Company and one of Canada’s Top Employers, we are dedicated to upholding our firm’s values through this phase of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated and supportive colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in values-driven work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for you to make a real impact and build a rewarding career. We are passionate about our business, our culture and investing deeply in your growth and development to build for the future. If you have this same drive, then let’s talk!
Our team is growing, and we are looking for a seasoned Manager, Financial Planning Associates, to lead, develop, and coach a team of professionals that deliver exceptional client service. The Financial Planning Associate (FPA) team provides a high degree of support to our Financial Advisory Team. Your role will be to ensure the Financial Planning Associate team is engaged and our clients receive a consistent high level of service. This role reports to the Director, Advisory Services - Associates.
As a Manager, Financial Planning Associates, your key accountabilities will involve:
- Lead, coach and develop a group of Financial Planning Associates to ensure service delivery excellence, and foster team engagement and professional growth.
- Resourcing – ensuring the team is resourced appropriately and manage the hiring process
- Performance management – Establish and monitor clear goals, KPI’s and provide consistent feedback performance.
- Operationally, manage the FPAs, including oversight of day-to-day activities and collaborate with the Training Specialist to ensure defined processes are followed.
- Improve processes and productivity by reviewing and analyzing our current processes and procedures; identify opportunities to improve and collaborate with other department leads who will be impacted to co-create process changes and implement them
- Document escalations, review and analyze and provide recommendations for improvements
- Review procedure manuals and/or reference materials and work with Training Specialist to keep them up to date
- Handle escalated client service issues and resolve them in a positive and timely manner
- Manage requests for vacation and overtime approvals
- Collaborate with the Director, Advisory Services - Associates to ensure that all business needs are being met
- Actively engage in ongoing learning and development to continuously improve skills and knowledge
- Superior client service orientation both internally and externally.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- Inspires a drive for operational excellence and team success.
- Able to successfully work and deliver results in a matrixed organization.
- Highly effective coaching skills to support team member performance and development.
- Approachable, engaging, active listener and supportive.
- Superior attention to detail and follow through. Well developed project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively manage and influence multiple stakeholders.
- Able to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced, deadline driven environment.
As a Manager, Financial Planning Associates, your experience and qualifications will include:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in related work experience within the financial services industry is essential
- A good working knowledge of financial planning strategies and concepts
- Previous team leadership/supervision experience is required.
- Completion or in the process of obtaining the following is considered an asset:
- CFP, QAFP
- CIM, CFA Level 1
- Life License Qualification Program (LLQP)
- Experience managing large teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- History of delivering results in a high performing, service-oriented capacity.
- Advanced MS Word, Excel Outlook and CRM skills. Experience with other productivity, reporting resource management tools is an asset.
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer.
Please include both cover letter and resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: nicolawealth.com/careers
Banking, Finance and Insurance