As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
You are a strategic big picture thinker! You have an interest or experience in supporting Information Technology clients from a financial perspective! You enjoy working on a diverse range of projects from a Finance side and helping clients achieve their department objectives! If you want to make an impact in health care, enjoy developing and implementing processes that improve efficiency and like to collaborate with stakeholders keep on reading.What You'll Do
What You Bring
- Reporting to the Provincial Director, Business Planning Corporate, the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis plays a critical role in all aspects of financial planning, operational reporting, ad hoc financial/business analysis, funding analysis, project management and financial modeling.
- Provide relevant and value-added financial planning, analysis and reporting to senior management and external Government entities. This role is responsible for all aspects of the annual financial planning and budgeting process and for the preparation and provision of timely reporting and forecasting.
- Lead corporate initiated projects in Finance, and represents the Provincial Director Business Planning on committees and other work groups as needed.
- Review and provide strategic input for ongoing and future IT projects who would lead to decision.
What we bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a professional accounting designation CPA (CMA, CGA, or CA or Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively leadership, financial and project management experience within a large complex multi-site organization.
- Leadership experience with an emphasis on knowledge of FP&A, business planning, case costing and funding analysis, and business case development.
- Experience with a large portfolio ideally a budget of $100 million or more servicing a multiples cost centre.
- Experience with projects review by providing analysis capital/operating classification expenses and by managing large volumes of projects (an asset).
- Strong attention to detail, capacity to learn and accept additional responsibilities will make you successful in this role.
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills and previous experience with direct reports including hiring, training and completing performance reviews is required. Advanced Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint skills as well as experience with ERP systems are required.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and writing skills is required, linking business issues, financial results and strategy.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1333 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V6H 1G9
Hours of Work:
08:30 - 16:30 Monday-Friday
130904EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.