Great opportunity for a senior-level and well-rounded corporate FP&A professional who wants to lead a team within a reputable Canadian organization. Candidates must have at least 10 years’ relevant experience and a finance designation or certification (CPA, CFA, perhaps MBA-Finance). Excellent business communication skills (verbal and written) are paramount. Must have experience leading a team of Analysts.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a reputable and well-managed technology company with approx. 1000 employees. It is a company that promotes an innovative, passionate, and values-based work culture, as well as good work-life balance.
What- the Opportunity:
Our client is seeking a new Manager, FP&A who will lead a team of 4 Analysts and report into the Director, FP&A. The Manager’s team will be accountable for a range of responsibilities including financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting, project analysis, and preparing written commentary and presentations for the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors. There will be a blend of routine and ad hoc reporting and analyses to be completed. Tools used will include Excel, Adaptive Insights, and PowerPoint. This role requires excellent business communication skills (both verbal and written) as well as great leadership abilities. Swim Recruiting will provide interested candidates with a thorough job description.
Who- the Candidate:
We are looking for FP&A leaders who are self-motivated and able to work successfully in a collaborative team environment.
- Canadian or International CPA designation (CMA, CA, or CGA) and/or CFA and/or MBA-Finance.
- At least 10 years’ relevant, progressive accounting & finance work experience, with at least 5 of those years focused on FP&A.
- Experience in team management, ideally with 4+ direct reports.
- Process improvement mindset, with ability to seek out and then implement new efficiencies. Experience transforming/building a corporate FP&A function is highly desirable.
- Systems savvy with ability to learn new finance systems quickly. Must have advanced proficiency in Excel and Excel-based financial modeling (ability to use models on a daily basis, ability to create new models from scratch is an asset but not required). Experience using a BI tool such as Adaptive Insights or Tableau is a significant asset.
- Experience preparing concise and clear written materials for the review of Senior Executives to aid in making strategic business decisions.
- Comfort and confidence working in a fast-paced and high-change organization.
The corporate HQ is in a vibrant part of Vancouver, with close proximity to downtown. The company’s hybrid schedule is in the process of being assessed and finalized, but currently this FP&A team is for the most part working from home. The Manager can choose to work primarily from office or primarily from home in future, or a hybrid schedule- but with the understanding that they will be in office as needed for important meetings, presentations, discussions, and events. The FP&A team is close-knit and enjoys time together in work and social settings, both virtually and in-person (with Covid safety protocols in place, of course)
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience- please discuss further with SWIM. The company also provides a robust bonus plan, an RRSP match, PD support, a flexible health & dental benefits plan, and many other perks.
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving extremely quickly, so please don’t hesitate to apply if you are qualified for and interested in this FP&A management role. If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out to that person directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume. Thanks!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance