career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open toyour
ideas and tryingnew
things. Western Canada (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon)
WSP is currently seeking a Manager to lead our Remediation Program Management Downstream Prairies or BC team. This role is an opportunity to provide project, technical, financial and people leadership to a growing team (25+) of professionals and technicians. As Manager, you will play a critical role in delivering our strategic objective to continue to build and grow our environmental site assessment and remediation business.We'd love to hear from you if you are/have ...
A day in the life:
- A relevant undergraduate degree in Environmental Engineering, Geoscience or other technical discipline from an accredited university;
- 15 years of experience in environmental consulting with a focus on contaminated sites projects;
- A demonstrated ability to lead a team of professionals with excellent communication skills both internally with staff and externally with clients;
- A proven track record of successful business development, proposal writing and client management;
- Able to set priorities and efficiently organize team workload;
- Professional registration in one or more provinces;
- A self-motivated and enthusiastic leader with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative, team environment;
- Strong demonstration of health and safety leadership;
- Demonstrable expertise in optimizing the financial, quality, and project delivery performance of an existing Site Assessment and Remediation business;
- Able to travel occasionally.
- Foster the WSP imperatives of safety (HSE), Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and ethics & compliance to ensure they are an overriding part of the organizational culture;
- Recruit new team members as needed;
- Manage and develop employees in accordance with WSP core values, including performance management;
- Accountable for the overall financial and operational performance of the team under your direction, including the achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's);
- Provide effective leadership and collaboration with other disciplines;
- Monitor and maintain overall resource management, including staffing, to meet project and budget targets/demands;
- Provide coaching, mentoring and guidance to staff;
- Provide leadership to a team of technical staff delivering Environmental Site Assessment and Remediation projects, including strategic direction, business development and growth;
- Manage operational responsibilities of the team's Project Managers;
- Partner with senior staff in business development efforts, including helping to build and sustain client relationships, proposal preparation, and project positioning activities;
- Facilitate continuous improvement of processes through the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.