At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
As a member in our GVA Priavte Enterprise Tax practice, you will work closely with KPMG Senior Managers and Partners on tax planning initiatives and requirements. Your organizational skills will enable you to direct the work of junior staff, including reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness. Additionally, you will research and prepare tax-planning strategies for our clients and take a lead on the preparation of tax returns. The ideal candidate sets the standard for junior staff, by providing ongoing coaching and opportunities for professional development.
What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Have an understanding of the relevant income tax laws and being able to apply this to the particular client's facts and circumstances
- Work with your colleagues to implement tax planning opportunities for clients
- Plan and lead tax compliance engagements, including corporate and personal tax returns
- Proactively understand the needs of the client and working with them to develop relevant and valuable tax solutions and planning strategies
- Build relationships at a senior level and being seen as a trusted business advisor
- Maintain and develop existing clients, as well as, participate in identifying new business opportunities which will contribute to the development of the practice
- Participate in and have access to a wide range of training programs to further develop your income tax specialization
- Build relationships in the community
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Assist in creating a learning environment through leadership
Keys to your success:
- 5 years' experience in a public accounting firm, 2- 3 years in a dedicated Tax role.
- Professional Accounting Designation.
- Completed, or nearly completed the CPA In-Depth tax course.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients business.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties.
- Emphasizes on quality and adds value in their client offerings and services.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Effectively manages conflicting demands and priorities.
- Gives others the opportunity to take on new tasks and responsibilities.
- Able to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results.
- Able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .