You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
As a member in our GVA Enterprise Tax practice, you will work closely with KPMG Senior Managers and Partners on tax planning initiatives and requirements. Your organizational skills will enable you to direct the work of junior staff, including reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness. Additionally, you will research and prepare tax-planning strategies for our clients and take a lead on the preparation of tax returns. The ideal candidate sets the standard for junior staff, by providing ongoing coaching and opportunities for professional development.
Although this position supports our Greater Vancouver Area
Tax practice, we are open to speaking with candidates from various locations across Canada as the successful candidate can work remotely
. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Have an understanding of the relevant income tax laws and being able to apply this to the particular client's facts and circumstances
- Work with your colleagues to implement tax planning opportunities for clients
- Plan and lead tax compliance engagements, including corporate and personal tax returns
- Proactively understand the needs of the client and working with them to develop relevant and valuable tax solutions and planning strategies
- Build relationships at a senior level and being seen as a trusted business advisor
- Maintain and develop existing clients, as well as, participate in identifying new business opportunities which will contribute to the development of the practice
- Participate in and have access to a wide range of training programs to further develop your income tax specialization
- Build relationships in the community
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Assist in creating a learning environment through leadership
Keys to your success:
- Bachelor of Business Administration/Commerce with a specialization in accounting
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of relevant work experience with ideally a minimum of 2 to 3 years of tax experience
- Enrollment or completion of the CICA/CPA In-depth Tax program
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
- Ability to anticipate the long-term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
#LI-JS22 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.