Manager, Enterprise Partner Finance (FT, Perm)
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Finance Corporate Services and Internal Audit Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Finance & Corporate services team at BCLC means you'll be working with a dedicated group of talented professionals in Corporate Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Procurement, Business Continuity, Facilities, and Business Services.
The financial management of a complex organization including lottery operations, casino & community gaming, and eGaming business units, which collectively took in over $1.4 billion in net income last year falls within this group.
Working with revenues of well over half a billion dollars in fiscal 2019, an increase over the previous fiscal year, approximately 20% of BCLC's total revenues which represents BCLC's largest player base, our Lottery finance operations group is responsible for recording the gross gaming wagers and direct costs related to Lottery operations including manually recording lottery transactions, ILC funding and reimbursements, instant game management and more.
As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual revenue, BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of the picture. At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose, we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours and transactions and relationships - in the most important sense of life, livelihood, meaning, and well-being - nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead. BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated. Job Summary:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Decision Support, the Manager, Enterprise Partner Finance, focuses on the monitoring of BCLC Enterprise Partners from a financial performance perspective. The manager proactively builds, enhances and manages the financial analysis, reporting and communication to the organization, thus providing BCLC with comprehensive Enterprise Partner financial information with the objective of mitigating business disruption risks due to financial status. The manager will be a key liaison between the Enterprise Partners and BCLC for financial related matters. This manager will also be a resource to the FP&A team, providing support and assistance to the department when and where necessary. Key Accountabilities:
- Leads the monitoring of the financial performance status of BCLC vendors and gambling facility Service Providers, proactively building, enhancing and managing partner financial analysis, reporting and communication to the organization, thus providing BCLC with comprehensive Enterprise Partner financial information with the objective of mitigating business disruption risks due to financial status.
- Leads BCLC's due diligence work required from a financial perspective as it pertains to anticipated or completed Service Provider financing. Develops, documents and executes BCLC's due diligence work plan. Coordinates and collaborates with SMEs across the organization. Summarizes findings and produces reporting for Senior Management, Audit Committee and Board of Directors.
- Provides comprehensive financial analysis and reporting to summarize the financial performance of BCLC Enterprise Partners directly or indirectly (via internal contact of Enterprise Partners) ,obtaining the necessary financial information to gain insight on their financial status, and developing appropriate risk mitigation strategies as necessary.
- Researches, develops and implements best practice processes through the use of enhanced tools and templates while fostering a culture that supports creativity, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Works with finance departments and various business units to support the overall organizational budget and forecasting process, and government and financial reporting, as required.
- Collaborates with the business units in developing and evaluating strategic initiatives, as required.
- Fosters and facilitates strong working relationships between all finance areas, business units, service partners and regulatory and government bodies. Acts as a key liaison between the Enterprise Partners and BCLC for financial related matters.
- Provides strong people management and direction to drive cultural change that continually adds value to the organization.
- Establishes a positive and supportive work environment and engaged workforce that is conducive to the achievement of results and aligned with BCLC's vision, mission and values. current progressive management/leadership experience in financing transactions (e.g. mergers and acquisitions) and external financial performance management;
- Track record of successful management experience in a fast-paced high-growth business environment;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- In depth knowledge of financing transactions (e.g. share offerings or repurchase, loans, bonds, notes, reverse takeover);
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of financial forecasting, financial analysis and financial performance measurement;
- Strong knowledge of the principles, standards, practices and tools of financial modelling;
- Strong knowledge of the principles, concepts, standards and practices of corporate planning and budgeting;
- Strong knowledge of the concepts, standards, practices and tools of project management including those related to the financial management of projects;
- Strong knowledge of division and corporate business functions, strategies, goals and objectives;
- Strong knowledge of the concepts, strategies and practices of change and risk management;
- High degree of business acumen;
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills;
- Proven critical thinking skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience communicating with different levels in an organization and of varying degrees of financial acumen;
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking skills, ability to prioritize, reallocate resources as necessary and perform under pressure.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Maintenance and Technicians