Manager, Engineering and Maintenance
ABOUT THE COMPANY
New β Innovation Ltd. (NBI) is a preclinical stage life sciences organization in Burnaby, BC. Leveraging on our expertise in research and development, we are transforming drug discovery into clinical applications for unmet medical needs. We have ongoing collaborations with top universities worldwide on various research projects, with distinguished achievements in the areas of oncology, neurology, ischemic and hypoxic conditions.
Our state-of-the-art GMP manufacturing facilities and laboratories in Greater Vancouver are home to a growing team of professionals who are inspired to develop advanced life-saving hemoglobin-based therapeutics for the well-being of people.
The incumbent will be accountable for providing management and direction for facilities, building services and maintenance activities in a biopharmaceutical environment. The Manager will oversee a team of engineers and technical professionals who are responsible for operations, calibration and maintenance of a variety of building systems and equipment including production equipment, and to ensure systems and equipment are in compliance to relevant statutory requirements.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical leadership, guidance and support for all Engineering and Maintenance (E&M) staff within the manufacturing facility. The Manager will ensure that the facility is maintained to a defined level, by leading a competent Engineering and Maintenance team in a cost effective manner.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support for all E&M staff within the manufacturing facility.
- Ensure E&M related operations, maintenance and calibration activities are arranged and executed per established requirements. Supports validation activities by organizing staff as required.
- Co-ordinate the facility maintenance plan for plant equipment, to ensure that the asset performance and availability design criteria is achieved at all times.
- Assists with facility and equipment validation in accordance with Validation Master Plan.
- Oversee inventory control and asset management within the department.
- Lead the delivery of maintenance standard operating procedures, and co-ordinate system administration to ensure the integrity/continuity of the facility assets and preventive maintenance management systems and program.
- Oversee repairs, trouble shooting, engineering analysis and development in utilities and equipment.
- Ensure strict implementation of company policy, SOP and GMP regulations.
- Conduct site inspections and prepare progress report as appropriate.
- Manage and supervise the daily maintenance activities and operation.
- Ensure E&M related calibration and validation activities are organized and completed according to schedule.
- Ensure adherence to company policy, procedures, and GMP regulations.
- Ensure all E&M staff work safely, and in accordance with company procedures and regulatory standards.
- Provide management and direction to Engineering and Maintenance staff, including, but not limited to: performance management and coaching, training and development, health and safety and other management requirements. Oversee adherence to budget and company policies.
- Supervise and monitor work with external parties to ensure their work meets company and quality requirements.
- Liaise with corporate team to align key initiatives for global best practice, preventive measures and continual improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A relevant degree in Engineering, or another faculty related to the industry
- Relevant facilities and plant management experience at managerial level in a life sciences manufacturing, laboratory or regulated healthcare environment. Experience in aseptic drug manufacturing is considered a strong asset.
- At least 4 years of GMP experience, knowledgeable and well versed in all aspects as it pertains to the facility operations.
- Experience in the design, operation and maintenance in major systems such as Purified Water systems, Water for Injection systems, Compressed Air systems and HVAC
- Knowledgeable and familiar with local regulatory requirements and related engineering standards and guidelines.
- Some knowledge with Compressed Air Systems, Vacuum Systems, Nitrogen Systems, Boiler Systems, Backup Power Generators, Velocity Meter, Flowhood, Photometer, Aerosol Generator, Differential Pressure Meter, Luxmeter, Temperature/ Humidity Meter, Multi-channel temperature meter and Multi-meter.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals.
- Ability to act with tact, good judgment, and discretion; maintaining confidentiality of files, personal information, and other matters, as appropriate.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail.
- A positive attitude and customer focused approach.
WHY JOIN NBI?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package which recognizes people for their contributions, and comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees’ growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today!
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019