Are you passionate about Cybersecurity Operations ? Do you want to play an integral part in providing vision, leadership, and direction in the protection of WorkSafeBC's computer systems and information ? We are looking for a Manager, Cybersecurity Operations
to manage all aspects of security infrastructure life cycle and security monitoring tools .
In this role, you'll lead and manage a team of security network specialists and identity analysts and provide technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to create a culture of accountability and innovation . This role is instrumental/critical in implementing Cybersecurity best practices and Continuous development and planning toward advanced security monitoring analysis practices and procedures. How you'll make a difference:
As a Manager, Cybersecurity Operations at WorkSafeBC, you'll be using leading-edge technology to help connect British Columbians to healthy and safe workplaces. Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model
that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position. In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and occasionally in our Richmond office. What you'll do As a Manager, Cybersecurity Operations you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Manage the delivery of security and risk products and services including the design, analysis, development, testing and troubleshooting of security solutions
- Manage the delivery of advanced security capabilities including enhanced network architectures, enhanced 24/7 monitoring, enhanced security controls, and threat intelligence and analytics
- Lead the review and implementation of security best practices and controls within an Azure cloud environment
- Determine the objectives and priorities of the team to ensure successful execution of business plans, operation plans, programs, projects and other initiatives
- Ensure security and risk products and services are delivered to clients in accordance with industry best practices and internal standards and corporate requirements
- Collaborate with Applications and Operations Support teams to understand and address the risk position of critical business applications and technology assets
- Manage the technologies and processes for provisioning access to critical business systems
Your experience and educational background:
- Effectively communicate complex information both verbally and in writing to various stakeholders
- Build relationships with leadership across the organization to influence change and drive adherence with configuration management best practice security standards
- Partner with Cybersecurity leadership team to develop, refine and promote team's vision and execute on short- and long-term plans
- Manage and direct staff in a complex technical environment to maintain high levels of service and security of WorkSafeBC's computer systems and information
- Maintain current expert knowledge in the field by reviewing relevant materials and maintaining appropriate professional and external contacts
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science
- A minimum of 5 years of security related experience within various security functions inclusive of experience in Cybersecurity Management . Leadership experience is an asset.
- Preferred Professional certifications including CISSP, GIAC or equivalent
- Knowledge of enterprise security standards including the CIS Critical Security Controls framework, ISO/IEC 27001 and NIST CSF
- Knowledge of and experience working in a cloud environment with Agile and DevOps practices
We'll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience. Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record checkand successfully meet record clearance.
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect. Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. Learn more:
Discover who we are . Our benefits
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan that provides you with a lifetime monthly pension when you retire
- 4 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Benefits package that includes customizable options for health care and dental benefits, additional days off, and a health care spending account
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Find out what we offer . Want to apply?
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.