CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success
, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success
and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com
. Job Overview
For more than a century, CIBC Commercial Banking has been helping businesses reach their full potential. Your role will not be just to be a banker — you will be a banking partner, a true champion for our clients’ businesses, who will be committed to delivering on flexible business solutions, dedicated business expertise and timely business advice to help our clients realize their goals.
As a Manager, Commercial Banking
, you will join CIBC to manage and grow a portfolio of Independent Business commercial banking clients by proactively developing new business opportunities in the community and ensuring clients’ day-to-day banking needs are being met at the highest level. What You’ll Be Doing
• Proactively assess client needs and propose solutions to deliver what matters to our clients • Develop new client relationships through business development activities leveraging referral sources, existing clients and centres of influence • Actively monitor and manage the relationship with a client by fully understanding their goals, objectives and status of the client’s business • Structure, negotiate and document credit and cash management arrangements with clients and prospects that meet client needs • Committed to building a profile in the local business community in order to leverage that profile into effective working relationships with new and existing clients and internal partners What We’re Looking For
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Should have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Must have commercial or business banking or previous financial industry professional experience
- Must have proven business development (sales) skills
- Must have strong client and relationship management skills
- Must have a solid understanding of financial statements and accounting principles including valuation techniques and cash flow analysis
- Should have experience managing the credit quality of a portfolio of commercial banking clients that have credit needs, generally over the $5MM range, and/or complex cash management requirements.
What You Need To Know
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Learning & Development , and Employee Community Involvement
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Due to the nature of the role, you are expected to remain a minimum of 24 months in the role before you may be eligible for other job opportunities within the organization.