At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The Opportunity:
Are you a skilled leader with a demonstrated track record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional client service? Our Global Infrastructure Advisory team in Vancouver is looking for a professional like you with the skills and experience to make a real difference.
KPMG's Global Infrastructure practice professionals are integrated commercial advisors to physical asset investors, owners, developers, and contractors over the entire asset lifecycle. In doing so we help to reduce costs, improve performance, reduce risk and uncertainty of outcomes around the development and operations of physical asset portfolios, programs and projects and create and preserve value for clients on primary and secondary market infrastructure transactions. Infrastructure projects can be multi-faceted and require different specialized support, which is why we custom-create our project teams to tackle all aspects of each unique case. KPMG's Infrastructure team is comprised of economists, engineers, financial advisors, strategists, operators and contractors with both deep industry and global experience. Work closely with our clients from beginning to end to help achieve your desired results. What you will do
As the successful candidate, you will be part of the team delivering high quality services to public and private sector clients including:
- Advising on major capital projects for government (federal, provincial, and municipal), as well as the private sector across a wide variety of industries and sectors including transportation, social infrastructure, energy and natural resources
- Development and implementation of project governance, project management frameworks, and related project delivery resources. Commercial structuring of complex infrastructure contracts. Project implementation advice through planning, procurement, design and construction lifecycle phases. Project performance reviews and health checks
- Identify emerging markets and opportunities to assist clients in achieving their infrastructure goals including presenting and developing proposals to provide advice (both strategic messaging and original content) and marketing materials
What you bring to the role
- Managing small teams of KPMG advisory personnel including training and mentoring of junior staff and contributing to the overall skills enhancement and experience of the team
- Our team operates in an adaptable environment - clients change, projects proceed to new phases, new challenges arise, and client requirements change. This results in an exciting environment in which to work and gives members of the team the opportunity to stretch their capabilities and develop new areas of expertise.
- At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities of their job. Likewise, from time to time, people need extra time to commit to personal matters, and our flexible approach provides for this.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, or equivalent professional education.
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Experience with large capital projects, including procurement and contract strategic commercial advice
- A thorough understanding of the project and program lifecycle activities supporting an infrastructure asset
- Experience with alterative contract types (e.g., DBB, EPC, IPD, EPCM, DBFO, PPPs, CM, etc.) and the development of these contracts for projects
- The ability to simplify problems and synthesize related content into succinct and clear materials
- Excellent technical, critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Demonstrated track record at managing multiple and competing priorities within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to communicate (verbally and in written form) and effectively engage with a diverse group of clients
- The ability to travel within Canada and abroad, as necessary, is also critical to this role.
Learn More about where a career at KPMG can take you
#LI-Hybrid Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.