Job Description Summary
Are you looking to oversee the design, development and operations of a technology portfolio? Are you strong technically and thrive in a high-paced global environment? This is a critical leadership role where you will support and manage a high-functioning engineering team and help shape the vision for technology at STEMCELL.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a technology engineering team to deliver responsive, reliable and secure technology services for STEMCELL staff and customers
- Own the end-to-end lifecycle of your technology portfolio, including maintenance of a technology roadmap, and direct engagement with your customers to deliver on their current and future needs
- Own service and problem management within your team. Work with other IS teams to prioritize and fix root issues
- Lead development of engineering design & operating standards
- Lead, mentor and grow your team to maximize satisfaction and performance. Build career development plans to ensure we have the right resources in the right places, and provide opportunities for internal growth
- 8+ years of progressive IT experience, including 2+ years of experience as a team lead or manager in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience leading development and delivery of cloud applications or services
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!