Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer! What BCAA offers you:
BCAA's IS Architectural Services is looking for a Regular Full-time Manager, Cloud Engineering.
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
The Operational Manager plans, coordinates, prioritizes and oversees the work of Cloud(AWS), DBA's and release teams. The OM also determines staffing requirements, establishes standards and procedures, monitors work activities and output, and ensures that production schedules and quantity/quality standards are met. The OM works under minimal guidance and takes responsibility for implementing methods, practices and policies governing the design, development and use of the IT support processes. OM recommends cloud (AWS) and related system's strategy's based on immediate and future needs of the organization.Key Responsibilities Operations
- Leads a technical team which are responsible for the integrity, availability, and disaster recovery of critical infrastructure through automation, process improvement, monitoring, and metrics-driven methodologies.
- Creates cloud governance practices, policies and cost controls. Collaborates with subscription owners to ensure compliance and develop self service capabilities to streamline infrastructure workflows.
- Streamlines operation of the functional area in alignment with business objectives of the organization.
- Aligns technology with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Allocates resources to projects using predefined processes.
- Ensures there are no single points of failure for core systems and services.
- Ensures compliance with existing data security and legislative standards and legislations.
- Implements technologies and systems that are consistent with BCAA's architectural standards.
- Ensures systems and processes are standardized.
- Provides independent interpretation of rules, both defined and undocumented.
- Participates in development of business cases.
- Provides support and quality control to IS and Business owned projects.
- Remains current on all department projects.
- Runs small operational projects following BCAA's project management methodology and associated processes.
- Provides input to Senior IS Team on short to medium term goals.
- Manages and negotiates small contracts.
- Provides status updates and resolution estimation to senior management and key business areas.
- Develops and implements standards and best practices in conjunction with Director and co-managers.
- Streamlines processes and brings consistency to tools across teams.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and makes recommendations or implements when within authority level.
- Ensures all team members adhere to best practices.
- Creates and manages workflow systems that optimize performance.
- Analyzes resources needs and makes recommendations for operating and capital budgets.
- Initiates capital purchases within authority level, makes recommendations when above.
- Monitors expenses against budgets, analyzing variances and taking corrective action.
- Manages vendor relationships ensuring highest quality and reasonable costs.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:Education:
- Develops people through effective performance management and ongoing feedback, focusing on delegation for stretch assignments, growing and developing the team for capacity and growth, looking at performance across the team, and time management.
- Shapes culture of the team through action, presence, and reinforcement of behaviors. Communicates company, industry, and department news to staff and recognizes and rewards their successes, small and large.
- Hires, trains and coaches team members.
- Ensures team has sufficient skills and experience to meet department objectives.
- Provides performance management and discipline as required.
- With assistance from HR, terminates employees when required.
- Ensures best BCAA HR practices, documentation and procedures are followed.
- Ensures knowledge transfer and retention of team.
- Manages succession and career development plans.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experienceExperience:
10 years related Information Systems experience with
- minimum 3 years of People Management experience,
- minimum 5 years Infrastructure Operations Experience
- minimum 5 years AWS Cloud experience
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum software development practices
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Technical vision and understanding of IaaS/PaaS/SaaS including physical and virtual data centers, backbone and data center networks, server hardware, operating systems (Windows and Linux), DNS, authentication, storage, load balancing, databases, virtualization, security, and related technologies.
Internal Applicants: Please note the internal posting will close on October 2 and this is a M3 Salary range. After this date, the internal posting will remain open however you will be considered with external candidates.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance