Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Are you looking to continue your professional development in Tax? Are you looking to make an impact that matters?
When you join Deloitte, you will be joining the largest professional services firm in Canada and globally. You will team with our network of 13,000 professionals in Canada and those in more than 150 other countries and territories bringing world-class capabilities, insights, and service to address our client's most complex business challenges.
Working in our national tax practice, you will be able to draw on the experience of over 1,260 professionals from coast to coast to build your skills and career. Our people first culture allows you to bring your whole self to work and develop your career your way. What will your typical day look like?
In a post COVID environment, we are shifting the way we think about work. We have focused on re-architecting work as a flow, using technology to elevate your capabilities, and where you can unleash your potential. We have created a work environment where you and your team are empowered with the tools, technology, and culture to contribute your full potential.
As a Manager in Business Tax, your typical day will consist of directing a diverse team in providing tax planning, reporting and compliance services to private and public companies. Your organizational skills will enable you to guide junior staff's research in order to provide tax advice that helps our clients with sound tax management. You will also review and manage income tax returns for companies, partnerships, trusts and individuals along with reviewing tax provisions and preparing opinions and advice.
What you will do:
• Provide well-reasoned tax advice taking into account relevant tax legislation and applying them your client's facts and circumstances
• Work with clients and our partners to develop and implement tax planning strategies
• Plan and lead tax compliance engagements for corporate and personal returns
• Support our assurance practice by reviewing tax provisions
• Proactively build an understanding of your clients needs and work with our team to develop strategies to meet those needs
• Maintain and develop relationships with existing clients and participate in developing new opportunities
• Participate in and lead professional development programs to further develop your and your teams tax knowledge
• Actively mentor and develop junior team members
• Assist in creating a continuous learning environment through thought leadershipAbout the team
Deloitte offers clients a broad range of fully integrated tax services. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel globally. In order to provide global solutions to complex challenges across the province, we assemble diversified teams of professionals with distinct skill sets. You will work with a team that is primarily based in British Columbia but will also draw on members from across the country.
A job in Tax will offer you the opportunity to work in a stimulating and very high-energy environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical fields. You will also develop solutions through discussion with your team and clients and continue your professional development in order to progress in your chosen career path.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Undergraduate degree; Accounting designation an asset;
• Enrolled in or completion of the CPA In-Depth Tax Course or a Masters in Taxation;
• A minimum of 4-5 years of relevant work experience with ideally a minimum of 2-3 years in Canadian Tax;
• Strong commitment to client service and professional excellence;
• Proven experience with project management, problem diagnosis, solution development, and client communications
• Ability to facilitate of decision-making, management of client expectations and team leadership;
• Good knowledge of English (verbal and written).
Keys to your success:
• You seek opportunities to challenge yourself
• You team well with others
• You deliver on and take responsibility for your own and your teams results
• You demonstrate thinking beyond the task at hand and are focused on the bigger picture
• You gain confidence of others by demonstrating an understanding of business and interactions with clients
• You develop junior team members Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production