The Ground Systems line of business is seeking a Manager, Business Development for the Richmond office to lead a variety of business development initiatives in the Satellite Ground Systems product niche. This is a customer-facing leadership position with strong potential for growth and advancement in an important part of MDA's business.
The business development team in the Ground Systems line of business is responsible for the strategic and tactical pursuit of new contracts. The team works with MDA's international sales force and our world-leading engineering and program management teams to develop creative solutions to customer problems and drive the growth of our business. As the number of earth imaging missions grows rapidly, so does the need for cost-effective, highly-reliable ground system solutions. MDA is at the forefront of this market and has the end user and mission operator relationships critical to continued success.Primary ActivitiesResponsibilities:
The Manager, Business Development is responsible for all strategy, capture and proposal activities prior to contract award including:
- Analyzing and understanding the customer's needs (technical, programmatic, commercial)
- Understanding market and competitive forces relevant to the pursuit
- Coordinating the pursuit team responsible for identifying creative solutions to customer problems
- Developing and executing the pursuit plan to close a new contract, including owning the vision for how MDA will win
The Manager, Business Development will be expected to develop new opportunities in both international and domestic markets, working both externally with Customers, partners and subcontractors, and internally with multiple teams and senior management as required to succeed in booking new business. In addition to managing pursuits, the Manager, Business Development will also be responsible for negotiating contracts and defining and executing various long-term strategic initiatives that are fundamental to the growth of MDA's Ground Systems business.Candidate ProfileRequirements (experience/skills):
- Knowledge and work experience within the earth observation industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to analyze information and provide solutions to diverse problems
- At least ten years of engineering, program management, and/or business development experience ideally with high technology organizations.
- Reputation as a winner - demonstrated expertise and success in leading pursuits and proposals
- Experience with different procurement processes
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate.
- Demonstrated broad, complex strategic thinking capability
- Proven ability to assess competition and other critical factors affecting a pursuit.
- Experience writing proposals for systems projects
- Demonstrated ability to be customer focused
- Experience and familiarity with satellite/aerial remote sensing systems and associated ground segments
- Experience and familiarity with satellite data applications
- Understanding of financial business models
The candidate must have Canadian Secret clearance or the ability to obtain Canadian Secret clearance.
International travel to meet existing and prospective customers to understand their remote sensing requirements and to promote our offerings will be required.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer