Date Posted: February 6, 2020
Who we are...
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 110-year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of $48 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 800,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organizations core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to "Deliver Memorable Experiences" for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees or the community.
The PNEs Marketing Department oversees the companys branding, advertising, promotions, media plans, market research, sponsorships, ticketing and site-look initiatives for Playland, the PNE Fair, PNE Prize Home Lottery, Fright Nights and a variety of other events. We are seeking a hardworking and motivated individual that has a passion for the Events Industry and the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE). Our ideal candidate will be a driven marketer with excellent project management skills.
The Manager, Brand & Digital Marketing, will report to the Director of Marketing and will be responsible for branding and design projects at the PNE, with a focus on corporate branding, business-to-business campaigns, TicketLeader and internal communications. This individual will also lead digital marketing campaigns, including the management of the Ticketleader website, business sections of the PNE website, email campaigns, corporate videos, social media buys and more. We are looking for someone that will thrive in a fast paced environment and will possess exceptional interpersonal and time management skills.
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
- Flexible work environment
- Be a part of the growth of one of Vancouvers most iconic institutions
- Join a diverse, passionate and enthusiastic team
- Ranked in the top 20 as one of BCs most loved brands - BCBusiness 2019
What will you do this year?
The duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop the marketing strategy for the PNEs corporate brand
- Provide strategic and creative direction for all corporate creative such as videos, collateral and advertising to achieve aggressive sales targets
- Determine marketing opportunities to increase market share by analyzing data and research as well as evolving trends, in collaboration with the Sales team members
- Ensure all pieces remain on brand and meet material deadlines and budgets.
- Manage the TicketLeader website and sections of the PNE website: schedule event listings, plan key messages and use WordPress and Showtime to update content.
- Develop the content for and execute all e-marketing strategies; including but not limited to managing email databases, analyzing campaigns and contest results, and developing acquisition campaigns.
- Manage TicketLeader social media channels: writing of content, development of contests, growing channels, monitoring & engagement with followers.
- Plan and manage online search campaigns and social media buys for TicketLeader, B2B and corporate campaigns.
- Manage the production and installation of various onsite signage
- Direct and plan all TicketLeader email campaigns
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a post-secondary degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or other related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the digital marketing and branding field.
- Experience in trade/B2B marketing in the events industry is an asset
- Must have experience using WordPress, Hootsuite, Later and Google Analytics.
- Advertising agency experience is an asset.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work with individuals at all levels within the PNE organization.
- Must be open to feedback and being able to integrate competing priorities
- Must have exceptional writing skills, creativity and energy.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and high standards for excellence.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate with internal and external stakeholders while managing a diverse workload.
- Ability to have fun and multi-task in a high pressure environment.
- Flexibility to work events (evening, weekends & holidays)
- Successful candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check
Who are you?
- Strategic and creative
- Results-oriented collaborator
- Tactful change maker
- Committed to striving for excellence
- Creative and collaborative team player
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled.
Preference will be given to candidates who submit their resume/cover letter before Sunday, February 23, 2020. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Pacific National Exhibition
No single location in Vancouver captures the spirit and history of this city, its people and its many achievements as the Pacific National Exhibition. Since 1910, millions of guests have enjoyed sh...Read More