Come join a creative and innovative Security Assurance team that drives exceptional security for customers and provides cutting edge technology solutions. Amazon Web Services (AWS) business is rapidly expanding its global presence and we are looking for a highly motivated Manager of Privacy Assurance to help lead our Privacy Assurance Engineering and Architecture Readiness team. This is an exciting opportunity to join us early in our mission to build a new technical Privacy Assurance team from the ground up and shape the future vision.
As part of the AWS broader Security Assurance team, this role will build the bridges between privacy, security and engineering by working directly with our AWS service teams, infrastructure teams, security teams, and related Amazon corporate teams. This candidate should be an experienced people manager with a technical background who has the ability to dive deep into a variety of complex architectures, understand IT processes, and map product offerings to existing and emerging Privacy standards. The role will help drive and scale the Privacy engineering and architecture readiness program through innovative process changes across multiple organizations and teams.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner that is motivated to take on challenges.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Accounting/Auditing, or other related fields.
• 6+ years of experience in project/program management in a technical field
• 5+ years of experience in security, privacy or compliance consulting or advisory work in in support of a highly technical environment.
• 5+ years of experience leading and developing direct reports (performance review communication, accountability, motivation/engagement, growth)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in privacy, security or compliance consulting or advisory work in in support of a highly technical environment.
• Experience in performing and/or participating in technical assessments in direct support of a major compliance effort (GDPR, HIPAA, etc)
• A clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
• A record of delivery of IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies.
• Experience in IT program or project management, IT auditing, and/or control framework development and implementation.
• Experience defining certification roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule.
• Experience in performing technical assessments and audits of network, operating systems, application security, and auditing IT processes.
• Have an understanding of evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls. Experience in working directly with auditors/regulators for these types of assessments.
• A strong understanding of software development lifecycles and modern transaction processing environments.
• Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance tools and technology.
• Experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT process effectiveness and consistency.
• Familiarity with enterprise productivity tools, such as MS office, Remedy trouble ticketing systems, etc.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Management and Executive