At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Are you a talented and proven leader who motivates teams and provides exceptional customer service?
We are looking for Managers to join our dynamic team. Our teams of professionals help our clients' manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
As part of the Private Enterprise Core Services
management team, you will provide accounting and tax services in the Greater Vancouver Area to private enterprises of all sizes and in a variety of different industries.
In this role you will be required to apply KPMG's accounting and tax practices & methodologies to client engagements and directly interact with clients and owner managers of private enterprises. This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing practice which will provide opportunities for both career and personal advancement. This exciting position will develop you into a well-rounded trusted business advisor and equip you with the business acumen to provide sound business advice to private enterprise clients. This role will give you exposure to unique accounting and tax issues specific to different industries. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Oversee and manage compilation engagements, review engagements and personal, corporate and other tax engagements for our clients
- Manage review engagements from planning to completion of statements
- Participate in the practice group to assist in implementing the business plan
- Work with members of the Private Enterprise Core Services management group to meet the goals of the group's financial plan
- Counsel, train, and mentor Private Enterprise Staff
- Help clients reach solutions on their needs both from an accounting and tax perspective
- Working with clients and partners through complex accounting issues to come up with appropriate solutions
- Apply KPMG's accounting practices/methodologies on client engagements
- Canadian CPA designation or international equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working with a public practice accounting firm.
- Previous experience with ASPE/ASNPO
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities is derived from your dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, are a strong team player and have meticulous attention to detail
- Professional accounting firm experience is a must
- Demonstrated ability to leverage staff through effective delegation and demonstrate strong leadership qualities
- Strong mentoring and performance management skills
In British Columbia, t he expected base salary range for this position is $75,000to $112,500 and may be eligible for bonus awards. The determination of an applicant's base salary within this range is based on the individual's location, skills, & competencies, and unique qualifications. In addition, KPMG offers a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards program . Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .