Manager – Assurance (Enterprise)
Reference ID: WIN00078
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Assurance Manager, you will be a professional member of our Enterprise team. Our Enterprise practice provides specialized accounting, audit and review services (audit and review engagements, notices to reader (compilation), personal and corporate taxes) to small businesses and individuals.
Your key responsibilities
Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, these enable you to deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders as our Assurance manager.
Skills and attributes for success
• Responsible for planning and managing Notice to Reader (NTR) and Review Engagements along with the required tax filings
• Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs
• Supervise engagement teams and review work performed
• Establish and maintain relationship with client management
• Understand the client's industry sector and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments
• Stay informed of new economic developments and their impact on clients
• Continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
• Attend training programs to continually develop skills
• Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams
• Prepare proposals and realize business development plans through a strong professional network
To qualify for the role you must have
• Completion of a CPA designation
• A minimum of 4 years' relevant work experience in public accounting
• Extensive knowledge of financial accounting and ASPE Standards
• Solid understanding of business concepts and issues related to privately owned businesses
• Strong personal and corporate tax knowledge
• Excellent PC skills and experience working with Taxprep, Caseware, Caseview, Quickbooks and Sage
• Outstanding client communication skills and dedication to providing exceptional and timely client service
Ability to lead teams and manage engagement profitability
• Superior multi-tasking skills
• Prior experience working independently under little supervision
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. aIf you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: March 20, 2019
Closes: May 19, 2019