Join GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions® today and become part of an organization that is
transforming the way Canadian’s experience benefits.Our mission is simple;
We develop and deliver the most cost-effective employee benefits solutions to Canadian businesses.GroupHEALTH is accelerating - and you provide the fuel.
The Senior Manager Group Benefit Services
oversees and provides direction to a team of Client Service Leads and its trainer. The Manager ensures that the team is empowered to deliver an exceptional benefits experience, meeting the high standards for customer service our clients, and advisor partners expect.OutcomesWithin the first 3 months you will :
Within the first 6 months you will:
- Engage in 1-on-1 meetings with direct reports to understand a day in their life
- Meet with stakeholders throughout the organization to understand how departments interact on a day to day as it pertains to your role
- Meet with key Advisor Partners to understand their needs
- Review and understand department goals, strategy and KPIs
- Review and understand multicarrier eligibility guidelines
- Review of training material and resources as it pertains to systems (CRM; WEBS and MPACS) and processes
Within the first 12 months you will:
- Develop your leadership brand with direct reports and Client Services Management team
- Support the growth and professional development of direct reports through coaching
- Support the team through resolution of escalated matters by providing recommendations and making supported decisions using a risk-based approach
- Develop and build relationships with all stakeholders (insurers, providers, partners advisors, sales team, direct clients)
- Have a solid understanding of client service expectations
- Have a working understanding of each GroupHEALTH benefit and product offering
- Provide key metric reporting that pertains to the department deliverables and performance
- Mentor direct reports in development and growth
- Prioritize and oversee delivery of process improvement ideas, projects and ongoing training for the team
- Participate in workforce planning and present recommendations for staffing needs
- Work with other departments to bridge culture across teams, increase cross departmental efficiency and ensure optimal client retention
Education & Experience
- Manage Client Service Leads and a trainer, ensuring workloads are managed efficiently
- Provide leadership, coaching, and guidance to nurture and bridge culture across teams and drive client retention
- Support the growth and professional development of team members
- Correspond with clients, insurers and partners on escalated matters
- Liaise with internal teams to accelerate resolution of escalated matters
- Provide recommendations and make supported decisions on escalated matters using a risk-based approach
- Ensure adherence to processes, administrative guidelines and SLA’s
- Provide key metric reporting (KPIs) that pertains to the department deliverables and performance
- Prioritize and oversee delivery of process improvement ideas, projects and ongoing training for the team, in collaboration with your leader
- Maintain/Upgrade workforce planning tool and make informed recommendations on current and future staffing needs
- Conduct annual reviews (and 90-day reviews for new hires)
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Critical Competencies for ALL Hires:
- 3-5 years of related group benefits experience
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- Proficiency in office programs required
- GBA/CEBS Designation (or working towards) an asset
- LLQP Designation (or working towards) an asset
Job Knowledge & Professional Development. Has a complete understanding of the role and is performing the role to its entirety. Acts without being told what to do. Continual focus on expanding knowledge of the role and of the Company as a whole.
Curiosity & Innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Ask questions and respectfully challenges current processes. Brings new ideas to the Company and strives for continual improvement of their daily operations and/or work activities.
Organization & Planning. Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Able to stay on track and meet deadlines. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall positive and collaborative working relationship. Lends a helping hand whenever it is needed.
Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including Email. Lives up to verbal and written agreements. Communicates in a positive and respectful manner.
Math & Computer Skills. Exhibits strong mathematical ability and is proficient with computers and new technology.
Delivering WOW! Expects personal and team performance to be nothing short of the best. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a positive, can-do attitude. Takes ownership of the role, goes above and beyond and does whatever it takes to get the job done!Knowledge, Skills & Attributes for this Role
- Ability to successfully manage, coach and train others for high performance
- Critical thinking in order to resolve escalated matters effectively, while mitigating risks
- Ability to assess budgetary and workforce planning needs
- Ability to conduct partner/client meetings
- Strong computer skills; including Microsoft Office
- Proven attention to detail and analytical skills
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we also offer:
Want to be part of a rapidly growing company that is transforming the way Canadian’s experience benefits? Apply now!We thank everyone who applies to the Senior Manager Group Benefit Services; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those candidates selected for an interview.
- a competitive salary & benefits program
- paid time off, including flex time
- education assistance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with employer matching
Customer Service and Support